Ducks Reassign Rakell to Norfolk
ANAHEIM, Calif . - The Anaheim Ducks announced Wednesday evening that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reassigned center Rickard Rakell to the Norfolk Admirals, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).
Rakell, 20, went scoreless in two games during this most recent stint with the Ducks. He has skated in 13 games so far this season for Anaheim, contributing an assist during a seven-game stretch earlier in the campaign with the parent club. He made his NHL debut on November 4 against the New York Rangers and registered his first career point November 8 versus Buffalo.
Rakell has scored 14 times along with 23 assists for 37 total points in 43 games for the Admirals this season. He is tied for third on the team in goals, and is alone in third in assists and points. Rakell is also second on Norfolk in power play goals with eight. The 6-1, 192-pound center logged an assist in five preseason games for the Ducks. Last season, Rakell went scoreless in four regular season appearances with the Ducks.
The Sundbyberg, Sweden native is a 2011 first-round draft selection (30th overall) of Anaheim. He totaled a balanced 149 points (68g, 81a) in three seasons with the Plymouth Whalers (OHL) from 2010-13.
Norfolk is in Binghamton, New York tomorrow to start their three-game divisional road trip with the Senators before returning south through Pennsylvania for Saturday and Sunday affairs with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Hershey, respectively. Fans can tune-in on 1490 AM The Game, or online at www.1490amthegame.com. Fans can also watch the game online on the AHL Live website at http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/.
The Admirals end March on a five-game homestand that begins in the final meeting of the season with Charlotte on Wednesday, March 19. It will be NATO Appreciation Night at Scope and Family Fun Pack deals as well as $9 Student Rush Night tickets will be available for purchase.
Game tickets are now on sale, and are available through the Norfolk Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, or call (757) 640-1212 Office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Fans can also visit us online at www.norfolkadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2014
- Rampage Complete Season Sweep of Griffins with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Fall 2-1 in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heeter, VandeVelde, Lamarche to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Texas Stars Recall Center Taylor Vause from Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Sundstrom Earns First NHL Recall - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Friday's Amerks Telecast Will be Carried on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel's Alternate Channels - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Don Unique St. Patrick's Day Jerseys for Charity - Chicago Wolves
- Weekend Preview: Games 62, 63 vs. Utica Comets - Abbotsford Heat
- Wild Assigns Matson and Jobke to Orlando - Iowa Wild
- Faith & Family Night this Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Newly Launched IceCaps Entertainment Announces NHL Exhibition Game Coming to Mile One - St. John's IceCaps
- Ducks Reassign Rakell to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Leblanc, Pateryn Join Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Hour on Tuesday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons to Recognize 'Buy Springfield Now' Initiative at Home Game Saturday - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Community and Promotions Update - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms Weekly - 3 City Road-Swing - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Drop 3-2 Decision to Iowa Wild - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Admirals Sign Five Players to Amateur Tryout Contracts
- Admirals Ink Rookies Sebastian Vidmar and River Rymsha
- Admirals Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Admirals Officially Announce Signing of Defenseman Brayden Sherbinin
- Admirals Officially Sign Forward Charlie O'Connor