Abbotsford Heat Foundation Grants Available
Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat and the Abbotsford Heat Foundation are pleased to announce the opening of the 2014 granting cycle for the Foundation. To date the Abbotsford Heat Foundation has granted over $100,000 to local organizations that operate programs and activities that fall within the Foundation's pillars. This funding is in addition to over $400,000 that organizations have received through the 50/50 program that operates at the Abbotsford Heat games.
The Abbotsford Heat Foundation invites all organizations that have programs that fall within the Foundation's pillars to apply in the 2014 granting cycle which will run from now to May 15th.
"The Heat has been a solid support of Matthew's House. The grant we received in 2013 gave significant support to children with complex health care issues. It is encouraging to know that the Heat Foundation is solidly behind our efforts in service families in Abbotsford and the Fraser Valley" said Alan Calvin of Matthew's House a project of Communitas Supportive Care.
Abbotsford Heat Foundation Objective The Abbotsford Heat Foundation's goal is to improve the quality of life for the under-17 age group of the Fraser Valley. To be achieved by supporting grassroots sport organizations, championing projects that improve health, education and fitness as well as advocating and supporting programs that repress risk related behaviour.
Abbotsford Heat Foundation Pillars
- Improving children and youth's health/wellness, education and fitness
- Development of amateur and grassroots sports - amateur sport associations
- Repressing risk related behaviour such as drug use, gang involvement and crime Abbotsford Heat Foundation Granting Process
- We will be accepting letters of intent starting March 15, 2014. Cut off for letters will be April 15, 2014.
- Letter of intent should include the following:
o Introduction to your organization, including your Registered Charitable Business Number
o Statement of the issues or community priorities that the program/activities will address, and how the program/activities were identified as a priority by your organization
o Which other organizations in the community you are working with (as appropriate)
o Concise description of the program/activities to be undertaken
o Start-up and completion dates for the activities or program
o Project budget identifying expenditures and revenue, showing that at least 50 percent of project funding will be coming from other funding sources
o The amount requested from the Abbotsford Heat Foundation and which expenditures it will be allocate towards.
o Contact details for an individual who can field any additional questions.
- Letters of Intent will be reviewed for basic eligibility and fit within the Abbotsford Heat Foundation pillars. An organization's designated contact may be contacted by the Foundation if there are any additional questions
- Based on the letters of intent and whether the request aligns with the Foundation's pillars invitations will be sent out for organizations to submit a full grant application.
- Cut off for receipt of grant applications will be May 15, 2014
- The Granting Committee will review the application and make recommendations to the Board
- The final decision on recipients will be made by the Board.
- Organizations will receive written notification of the decision before Jun 30, 2014.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2014
- Amerks Rally Falls Short in 4-2 Loss to Rockford - Rochester Americans
- Charlotte Rallies for 3-2 Victory over Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Checkers Earn Comeback Win in Norfolk - Charlotte Checkers
- Mangene Traded, Heeter Recalled - Adirondack Phantoms
- Coyotes Acquire Martin Erat & John Mitchell from Washington - Portland Pirates
- Roberto Luongo Returns to Florida Panthers - San Antonio Rampage
- Brisebois Assigned to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Abbotsford Heat Foundation Grants Available - Abbotsford Heat
- Coyotes Trade Rundblad, Brisebois to Chicago for a Second Round Draft Choice in 2014 - Portland Pirates
- Rampage Game vs Texas Rescheduled for March 27 - San Antonio Rampage
- Veilleux Returns to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Claesson Suspended for One Game - Binghamton Senators
- Ottawa Acquires Mullen, Deals Costello to Vancouver - Binghamton Senators
- Stars Beat Heat 3-1 in School Day Game - Abbotsford Heat
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Sharks Host Two Promotion Packed Games this Weekend - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Carry Five-Game Winning Streak into Three-Game Home Set - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Beat Heat 3-1, Reclaim First Place in Western Conference - Texas Stars
- Capitals Re-Assign Left Wing Nicolas Deschamps to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Community - Pink in the Rink Donation, MDA Fundraising, and More - Adirondack Phantoms
- Coyotes Recall Rundblad from Conditioning Assignment - Portland Pirates
- Porter Recalled from Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Home Point Streak on the Line - Rockford IceHogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Dallas Stars Recall Chris Mueller from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Stars Weekly (Week 23) - Texas Back on Top of West Division - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.