- Lexington Legends and BUSH's Beans Are Teaming up against Hunger
LEXINGTON, KY and KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - July 26th, 2018 - The Lexington Legends and BUSH'S Beans are working with God's Pantry Food Bank to "Team Up Against Hunger." In its second year, this program encourages fans to bring non-perishable food donations to Whitaker Bank Ballpark and, in turn, fans will receive a $9 Box Seat for helping to feed the local community through the Food Bank. Ninety Minor League Baseball(MiLB) clubs across the country will "Team Up Against Hunger" throughout the month of July. The month is significant as it marks the middle of summer break and a crucial time when millions of children are not receiving free or reduced-price meals at their schools as they do when school is in session.
"We are honored to partner with BUSH'S Beans and God's Pantry Food Bank to bring the issue of hunger to light using our MiLB platform," said Jesse Scaglion, Legends Director of Corporate Sales. "This is one great way to bring the community together to show that we are united in the fight against hunger in our hometown."
"As a family-owned food company, it is important to everyone at BUSH'S to help hungry families," said Mike Morris, consumer experience manager at Bush Brothers & Co. "Working with Minor League Baseball and communities nationwide helps bring attention and action to a very important topic - beating hunger."
"Fighting hunger in our community is a mission we work toward every day," Michael Halligan, CEO, God's Pantry Food Bank. "1 in 6 Kentuckians do not know where their next meal will come from. We are grateful to Minor League Baseball and BUSH'S Beans for joining us in a cause that is so near to our hearts and the hearts of this community."
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 27, 2018
- Power Offense Explodes for 15 Hits to Snap Skid - West Virginia Power
- Lopez Stays Hot But Dogs Outlasted by Greenville - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws Storm Back to Top Suns with Five-Run Eighth - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Dunlap Homers Twice as Suns Blow Seven-Run Lead - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive Open Series with Win over RiverDogs - Greenville Drive
- Walk-Off Winner - Augusta GreenJackets
- Tourists Drop Sixth Straight Game - Asheville Tourists
- Legends Drop Game One to Braves, But Remain Atop Southern Division - Lexington Legends
- Campos Strikes out Career-High Nine in Extra-Inning Defeat - Columbia Fireflies
- 'Birds Fall Flat in K-Town Opener - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Castano Tosses 6.0 Scoreless in Win - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 27 at Augusta (Game 101) - Columbia Fireflies
- - Lexington Legends and BUSH's Beans Are Teaming up against Hunger - Lexington Legends
- Preview: Hoppers Home against Hickory - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 27) - West Virginia Power
- Hickory Crawdads Weekly Recap - Hickory Crawdads
- Fireflies and BUSH's Beans Are Teaming up against Hunger - Columbia Fireflies
- Suns Sweep Doubleheader on Thursday Night - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.