North Augusta, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of San Francisco Giants, won 2-1 in 10 innings against the Columbia Fireflies on Friday night.
The first nine innings of the game were scoreless due to the fantastic pitching from Caleb Baragar on the mound. Baragar went seven innings, only giving up two hits, while striking out nine Fireflies. Keenan Bartlett would take over out of the bullpen, making his first appearance as a GreenJacket. Bartlett would go three innings, only giving up three hits, while earning his first win on the season.
In the 10th inning, the Fireflies would put up the first run of the ballgame in the top of the inning to take a 1-0 lead. The GreenJackets would tie the game with a sacrifice fly off the bat of Ismael Munguia, which scored Logan Baldwin from third base. Later in the inning, Trevor Abrams was on second with two-outs with Heliot Ramos at the plate. Ramos would single into left field to score Abrams on a close play at home to give the GreenJackets the 2-1 victory.
The GreenJackets (14-21) will be back in action tomorrow against the Columbia Fireflies at 7:05 pm.
After the eight game road trip, the GreenJackets will be back at SRP Park for seven game homestand! Promotions include Boy Scout night, Military Appreciation Night, and National Wing Day Festival! Get your tickets now!
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 27, 2018
- Power Offense Explodes for 15 Hits to Snap Skid - West Virginia Power
- Lopez Stays Hot But Dogs Outlasted by Greenville - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws Storm Back to Top Suns with Five-Run Eighth - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Dunlap Homers Twice as Suns Blow Seven-Run Lead - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive Open Series with Win over RiverDogs - Greenville Drive
- Walk-Off Winner - Augusta GreenJackets
- Tourists Drop Sixth Straight Game - Asheville Tourists
- Legends Drop Game One to Braves, But Remain Atop Southern Division - Lexington Legends
- Campos Strikes out Career-High Nine in Extra-Inning Defeat - Columbia Fireflies
- 'Birds Fall Flat in K-Town Opener - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Castano Tosses 6.0 Scoreless in Win - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 27 at Augusta (Game 101) - Columbia Fireflies
- - Lexington Legends and BUSH's Beans Are Teaming up against Hunger - Lexington Legends
- Preview: Hoppers Home against Hickory - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 27) - West Virginia Power
- Hickory Crawdads Weekly Recap - Hickory Crawdads
- Fireflies and BUSH's Beans Are Teaming up against Hunger - Columbia Fireflies
- Suns Sweep Doubleheader on Thursday Night - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.