Fireflies and BUSH's Beans Are Teaming up against Hunger
COLUMBIA, S.C. & KNOXVILLE, TENN. - The Columbia Fireflies today announced they are partnering with BUSH'S© Beans and Harvest Hope Food Bank to "Team Up Against Hunger." In its second year, this program encourages fans to bring non-perishable food donations to Spirit Communications Park for the game on Tuesday, July 31 at 7:05pm vs. the West Virginia Power (Pittsburgh Pirates). In turn, fans who donate two cans will receive buy one, get one free Palmetto Citizens FCU All-Star seats for that game in recognition of helping to feed the local community through Harvest Hope Food Bank. Ninety Minor League Baseball(MiLB) clubs across the country will "Team Up Against Hunger" throughout the month of July. The month is significant as it marks the middle of summer break and a crucial time when millions of children are not receiving free or reduced-price meals at their schools as they do when school is in session.
"We are honored to partner with BUSH'S Beans and Harvest Hope Food Bank to bring the issue of hunger to light using our MiLB platform," said John Katz, Fireflies team president. "This is one great way to bring the community together to show that we are united in the fight against hunger in our hometown."
"As a family-owned food company, it is important to everyone at BUSH'S to help hungry families," said Mike Morris, consumer experience manager at Bush Brothers & Co. "Working with Minor League Baseball and communities nationwide helps bring attention and action to a very important topic - beating hunger."
Individual game tickets for the 2018 season can be purchased at the Fireflies box office, over the phone at 803-726-HITS, or online at FirefliesTickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 27, 2018
- Power Offense Explodes for 15 Hits to Snap Skid - West Virginia Power
- Lopez Stays Hot But Dogs Outlasted by Greenville - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws Storm Back to Top Suns with Five-Run Eighth - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Dunlap Homers Twice as Suns Blow Seven-Run Lead - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive Open Series with Win over RiverDogs - Greenville Drive
- Walk-Off Winner - Augusta GreenJackets
- Tourists Drop Sixth Straight Game - Asheville Tourists
- Legends Drop Game One to Braves, But Remain Atop Southern Division - Lexington Legends
- Campos Strikes out Career-High Nine in Extra-Inning Defeat - Columbia Fireflies
- 'Birds Fall Flat in K-Town Opener - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Castano Tosses 6.0 Scoreless in Win - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 27 at Augusta (Game 101) - Columbia Fireflies
- - Lexington Legends and BUSH's Beans Are Teaming up against Hunger - Lexington Legends
- Preview: Hoppers Home against Hickory - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 27) - West Virginia Power
- Hickory Crawdads Weekly Recap - Hickory Crawdads
- Fireflies and BUSH's Beans Are Teaming up against Hunger - Columbia Fireflies
- Suns Sweep Doubleheader on Thursday Night - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbia Fireflies Stories
- James Posts Finest Outing of the Season, Spins Six Shut-Out Frames
- Fireflies Game Notes: May 26 at Charleston (Game 50)
- Vientos Stretches Hit Streak to 11 on Saturday in Charleston
- Fireflies Game Notes: May 25 at Charleston (Game 49)
- Fireflies Slam Three Homers, Finish up Series with a Win