Mavericks Sign Defenseman Eric MelandMarch 15, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Missouri Mavericks
Meland, 23 (9/27/89), recently completed his fourth season at Princeton University. The Grand Forks, North Dakota native finished his collegiate career with 60 points on 16 goals and 44 assists in 118 games played. Prior to playing collegiately, the 6-foot, 185-pound defenseman played junior hockey for the Lincoln Stars in the United States Hockey League (USHL) where he had 34 points (15-1934) in 58 games in his final season. Meland will wear #7 with the Mavericks.
"Eric is a great skater and handles the puck very well," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "He is very skilled with the puck and has the ability to move it efficiently up the ice. He is also adept to jumping into the rush in order to add additional offense. We are excited to add Eric to our lineup as we strive to bring our roster back to health during this final leg of the regular season in preparation for the playoffs."
The Mavericks and Denver Cutthroats will play tonight at Independence Events Center at 7:05 p.m. The first 1,500 fans in attendance will receive a Colt King bobblehead. Missouri will wear specialty themed St. Patrick's Day jerseys that will be auctioned off after the game and benefit Community Services League. Tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster or at the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office.
Season tickets for the 2013-14 season are on sale now by calling the Mavericks' front office at (816) 252-7825. For more information on the Mavericks visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
Central Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2013
- Rush Secure Fourth-Consecutive Trip to Postseason Despite 4-2 Loss - Rapid City Rush
- Second Period Powers Oilers Past Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards, Genesis Team up to Raise $24,600 for Genesis Outpatient Rehabilitation - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Come Back for 4-2 Win over Cutthroats - Missouri Mavericks
- Cutthroats Fall to Mavericks in 4-2 Final - Denver Cutthroats
- Mallards Drop Bloomington 5-3 - Quad City Mallards
- Edge Charge Back But Drop Season Opener - Bloomington Blaze
- Late Tiebreaker Pushes Mallards Past Blaze - Bloomington Blaze
- Thunder Prepare for Home Stretch, Take on Sundogs this Weekend - Wichita Thunder
- Connor Equipment Manager of the Year Runner-Up - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Sign Defenseman Eric Meland - Missouri Mavericks
- Fedorowich Receives Top Honor as Trainer of the Year - Arizona Sundogs
- Three-Peat: Romeo Vivit Earns Third Consecutive Equipment Manager of the Year Award - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Announces Athletic Trainer, Equipment Manager of the Year - CHL
- Fans Experience Allen Americans Hockey at New Level - Allen Americans
- Oilers Recognized in CHL's Annual "Best of the Best" - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Score Well in the Best of the Best Awards - Allen Americans
- Blaze Receive Honors in CHL Best of the Best Poll - Bloomington Blaze
- Mavericks Shine in CHL's 'Best of the Best' Poll - Missouri Mavericks
- Thunder Rank Near Top of Annual "Best of the Best" Poll - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Named 13 Times in CHL's Best of the Best Poll - Arizona Sundogs
- Rapid City Rush Faithful Defend Title of 'Best Fans' - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Releases Best of the Best Poll Results - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards' Lang Among CHL's "Best of the Best" - Quad City Mallards
- CHL 2012-13 Best of the Best Poll Results Announced - CHL
- Cutthroats Score Big in CHL's Annual "Best of the Best" Poll - Denver Cutthroats
- Shots from the Point for March 15, 2013 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.