Revs Sign Forward Matt HorthJanuary 25, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) New England Revolution
Horth, 23, most recently played for North American Soccer League's Atlanta Silverbacks, where he played two seasons. In 49 appearances, he scored 18 goals in 2011 and 2012. Last season, he scored 10 goals and added one assist, following an eight-goal, one-assist effort as a rookie in 2011.
"We're pleased to add a young forward in Matt to the roster," Revolution General Manager Michael Burns said. "He is a talented young player who had had a strong record of scoring goals in the NASL. We believe has the potential to take the next step and do well for our club."
Horth played collegiately Gordon College in Wenham, Mass., where he was a four-year starter. In 74 career appearances (72 starts), Horth scored 36 goals and added 20 assists and was a three-time All-New England honoree and a two-time first-team all-conference performer. Horth also spent time with PDL clubs Cape Cod Crusaders (2008), Southern California Seahorses (2009) and Cleveland Internationals (2010) while in college.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 25, 2013
- Basic objectives met in preseason opener vs. SKC - New England Revolution
- AEG President and CEO Tim Leiweke named 2012 Sports Executive of the Year - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Revs open up 2013 preseason schedule with scoreless draw - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Loan Alvaro Fernandez to Al Rayyan - Chicago Fire
- Corey Ashe, Omar Cummings Undergo Surgery - Houston Dynamo
- Galaxy midfielder Michael Stephens aiming for a starting role in 2013 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Sign Defenders Gargan, Harden - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revs Sign Forward Matt Horth - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Releases Long Tan - D.C. United
- Galaxy announce local television broadcast schedules - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Rapids sign midfielder Nick LaBrocca - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Receives Multiple Club Honors - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United acquires Casey Townsend from Chivas USA - D.C. United
- Chivas USA trades forward Casey Townsend - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Defender Martin Bonjour Moves On - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Rapids acquire forward Charles Eloundou in MLS lottery - Colorado Rapids
- Dynamo, Liberman Broadcasting agree to multiyear broadcast partnership extension - Houston Dynamo
- Individual tickets for first two home games on sale tomorrow at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United signs Indonesian midfielder Syamsir Alam on loan - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.