Grizzlies Head to Holiday Break After Taking Point Versus Las VegasDecember 21, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Utah Grizzlies
The Grizzlies enter the holiday break unbeaten in three-straight games (1-0-0-2) and at 11-11-1-3 overall despite being without starting goaltender Andrew Engelage for the last month and a half and leading scorer Paul McIlveen. In total, Utah had 16 players miss games due to injury or illness during the first two months of the year as they begin to get healthy.
Utah built a 3-1 first intermission lead with a Kory Falite goal off of a rebound 1:21 into the first period on a shot fired in by Jimmy Martin. Martin fired another shot in to give Utah a 2-1 lead 10:52 into the first. The Grizzlies made it 3-1 on a Mitch Wahl goal as Michael Ferland picked up a puck at the blueline and Riley Armstrong whipped it cross ice to Wahl who came streaking in.
The Wranglers made it 3-2 on a power-play goal early in the third period and tied it as Utah was unable to get a puck out with just under four minutes left in regulation.
In overtime, the Grizzlies had a four-on-three power-play, but was unable to cash in for the two points.
Each team scored in their first two shootout attempts, before Las Vegas won in sudden-death during round five.
The Grizzlies return home Friday, December 28 to host Ontario at 7:05 p.m. to continue their promotion filled eight-game home stand.
Friday, December 28: Bring an unwrapped Christmas Gift to Re-Gift In Our Gift Exchange and take a new gift home
Saturday, December 29: Free Post-Game Skate, Skate Rental $2
Monday, December 31: 6 p.m. New Year's Eve Start
Maverik Monday: 6 Tickets for $30 at Maverik Center Box Office
Grizzlies Cup Giveaway to first 1,000 Fans
Wednesday, January 2: $2 Hot Dogs, $2 Fries, $2 Draft Beers, $2 Soft Drinks, $5 Student Tickets With ID
ECHL Stories from December 21, 2012
- Titans Continue to Roll; Drop Evansville, 6-3, to Sweep Season Series - Trenton Titans
- Grizzlies Head to Holiday Break After Taking Point Versus Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
- Wranglers Claw 4-3 Shootout Win from Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Eagles Edge Condors for Second Game in a Row - Colorado Eagles
- Tying Goal Waived Off, Condors Fall 2-1 in Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Nailers Win Fifth Straight 5-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Roy Scores Twice as 'Blades Defeat Orlando 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Prevail in Wild Affair, 6-5 over Stingrays - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Third Period Sinks Solar Bears in 6-2 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Late Surge Pushes Komets Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Slip by Stingrays in High-Scoring Affair - South Carolina Stingrays
- Greenville Finishes Strong against Walleye in Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Fall 4-2 in Reading - Gwinnett Gladiators
- SF Bulls Host "It's End of the World as We Know It" Game Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- Jackals Downed by Nailers - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 21 - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Fort Wayne Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defenseman Brett Flemming Returned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Florida Everblades Tonight - December 21 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Acquire Defenseman Tim Priamo - Fort Wayne Komets
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Evansville - December 21 - Trenton Titans
- Debut Episode of ECHL Week Now Available - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Open Road Trip Tonight vs. Cincinnati - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - December 21 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.