Tying Goal Waived Off, Condors Fall 2-1 in Colorado
LOVELAND, Colo. - The Bakersfield Condors (7-19-1-2, 17pts) appeared to have scored an equalizing tally early in the third period, but it was waived off and the Colorado Eagles (15-11-1-2, 33pts) took their second in a row against Bakersfield by a 2-1 margin on Friday night at the Budweiser Events Center.
After the Condors registered the first three shots of the game, the Eagles scored on their first effort of the night when F Dylan Hood deflected a F Joey Sides shot off his skate at 2:37 to give Colorado a 1-0 lead. It turned out to be the lone goal of the period for either side as the Condors were outshot, 11-6.
The teams traded goals in the second period with Colorado doubling their lead, 2-0, at 5:13 on the power play when F Teegan Moore banged home an errant shot off the back wall on the power play. Bakersfield responded with a power-play goal of their own as F Evan Trupp collected a cross-circle feed from C Levi Nelson and roofed a wrist-shot under the crossbar at 9:25 to make it 2-1 after two periods of play. Shots favored the Eagles, 17-5.
Bakersfield had an apparent third period tying goal from F David Toews, five minutes into the frame, but the goal was waived off. The Condors had a chance on the power play late in the period including pulling G Scott Greenham for the extra attacker, but it did not land an equalizer and they fell 2-1. Shots were 9-7 for Colorado in the period.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 21, 2012
- Titans Continue to Roll; Drop Evansville, 6-3, to Sweep Season Series - Trenton Titans
- Grizzlies Head to Holiday Break After Taking Point Versus Las Vegas - Utah Grizzlies
- Wranglers Claw 4-3 Shootout Win from Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Eagles Edge Condors for Second Game in a Row - Colorado Eagles
- Tying Goal Waived Off, Condors Fall 2-1 in Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Nailers Win Fifth Straight 5-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Roy Scores Twice as 'Blades Defeat Orlando 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Prevail in Wild Affair, 6-5 over Stingrays - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Third Period Sinks Solar Bears in 6-2 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Late Surge Pushes Komets Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Slip by Stingrays in High-Scoring Affair - South Carolina Stingrays
- Greenville Finishes Strong against Walleye in Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Fall 4-2 in Reading - Atlanta Gladiators
- SF Bulls Host "It's End of the World as We Know It" Game Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- Jackals Downed by Nailers - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 21 - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Fort Wayne Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defenseman Brett Flemming Returned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Florida Everblades Tonight - December 21 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Acquire Defenseman Tim Priamo - Fort Wayne Komets
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Evansville - December 21 - Trenton Titans
- Debut Episode of ECHL Week Now Available - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Open Road Trip Tonight vs. Cincinnati - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - December 21 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.