Six Different Players Strike as Solar Bears Take Down Komets 6-2December 9, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Orlando Solar Bears Press Release
The Solar Bears got out to a fast start, taking a 1-0 lead 1:40 into the first period. A shot from D Michael Wilson was stopped by Fort Wayne G Ken Reiter, but F C.J. Severyn jumped on the rebound and snapped the puck into the top right corner of the net. D Sean Lorenz increased Orlando's lead to 2-0 at 5:15, firing home a one-time blast off a pass from Wilson. It was the first professional goal scored by Lorenz.
Fort Wayne cut the Orlando lead in half with a shorthanded goal 3:08 into the second stanza. LW Stephon Thorne got a loose puck in the neutral zone and zipped a pass to RW Brandon Marino, who slammed it home making it a 2-1 game. RW Ryan Reaves answered back for Orlando when he redirected a pass from F Olivier Fortier under the crossbar at 9:24 of the frame. C Ryan Cruthers put the finishing touches on the second period by firing a slap shot past Reiter while on the power play with 1:31 remaining to boost the Solar Bears advantage to 4-1.
Fort Wayne got back to within two 4:26 into the third period. A pass from RW Thomas Beauregard to C Ryan Lasch led to a power play goal for the Komets bringing the score to 4-2. The Solar Bears answered with a power play goal of their own at 8:15 in the period when F Olivier Fortier banged the puck past Reiter and into the back of the net. Orlando struck once again for the final goal of the game with 8:37 remaining in the third. Severyn won a faceoff back to D Bryce Lampman who blasted the puck into the net, lifting the Solar Bears to a 6-2 win.
Three Stars: 1. R. Reaves (ORL); 2. M. Wilson (ORL); 3. J. Curry (ORL)
Power Plays: ORL: 2/5; FW: 1/7
Shots: ORL: 34; FW: 25
C Dale Mahovsky made his Solar Bears debut tonight and finished the game with a +1 rating... RW Ryan Reaves scored his first goal as a Solar Bear tonight. It proved to be the game winner... D Sean Lorenz scored his first professional goal in the first period... D Bryce Lampman scored his first goal as a Solar Bear in the third period tonight... Orlando has had three straight games with over 6,500 fans in attendance.
The Orlando Solar Bears, the ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild and AHL's Houston Aeros, are in their Out of Hibernation and play all of their home games at the 2012 Street and Smith's Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year, the Amway Center.
Individual tickets for all regular season home games are now on sale beginning as low as $15. To purchase your tickets, please visit www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com or the Amway Center Box Office.
ECHL Stories from December 9, 2012
- Thunder outshoots Condors, 45-18 as Greenham earns win in net - Stockton Thunder
- Titans Get Close But Fall to #1 Gwinnett, 4-2; End Southern Swing 0-1-1-1 - Trenton Titans
- Reign Stop Steelheads 5-4 in Overtime - Ontario Reign
- Ontario Edges Idaho in Overtime - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Beat Titans, 4-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Bounce Past Road Warriors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Six Different Players Strike as Solar Bears Take Down Komets 6-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Grab Sixth-Straight Victory with 2-1 Win over Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - December 9 - ECHL
- Condors vs. Stockton - Favorite Football Team Night - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Add Defenseman Jarret Rush - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs Fort Wayne Komets Today - December 9 - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Today - December 9 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit Road Warriors Today - South Carolina Stingrays
- Aces Rout Grizzlies 8-4 as Rivalry Heightens - Alaska Aces
- Special Teams Wrangle 4-3 Shootout Win for Vegas - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Alaska Takes Round 3, Utah Goes for Split Monday - Utah Grizzlies
- Bulls Fall Short in 3-1 Loss to the Eagles - San Francisco Bulls
- Thunder battles back to force overtime on Maylan goal, Francis leads Las Vegas with two goals - Stockton Thunder
- Titans Fall in SC for Second Straight Night in Extras; Fall 6-5 (SO) - Trenton Titans
- Eagles Sweep Set in San Francisco - Colorado Eagles
- Reign Can't Reel in Steelheads, Fall 3-2 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.