Aces Earn Another Comeback Win over Eagles 5-4 in OTNovember 17, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Alaska Aces
The Eagles came out flying again scoring three goals in the first period. Colorado opened the scoring when Trent Daavettila scored a power play goal at 5:20 of the period. Colorado then made it 2-0 when former Ace Jack Combs scored at 8:27. Alaska got on the board on Zach Harrison's second goal of the season at 16:30, but the Eagles tallied late to reclaim the two-goal lead. Dylan Hood squeezed a shot through Mark Guggenberger from the right circle with 8.9 seconds remaining to make it 3-1 Eagles at first intermission. The Aces outshot the Eagles 13-10 in the period.
The Aces peppered the Colorado net throughout the second period, but ran into stellar netminding from Kyle Jones. The Aces outshot the Eagles 14-6 in the period, but Jones kept Alaska at bay for most of the frame. Nate Thompson changed that after Alexandre Imbeault intercepted a pass behind the net and fed Thompson in the slot for his first of two goals on the night. The Aces trailed 3-2 heading into the third.
Thompson tied the score early in the third with his second goal of the night. He cut down the right wing and went hard to the net, stuffing the puck underneath Jones at 2:05 to tie the score at 3-3. Colorado took back the lead at 4-3 when Michael Forney scored from the right circle on an Eagles power play at 5:18. The Aces came right back with a power play goal of their own at 6:24 when Lafranchise's shot was redirected into the net by Joey Crabb to tie the game at 4-4 and force overtime. Lafranchise then turned into the hero with a slapshot from the left circle that caromed in off of Eagles defenseman Jason Beatty's skate.
Mark Guggenberger (9-3) earned the win making 20 saves on 24 shots. Kyle Jones (4-4-2) took the loss, making 35 saves on 40 shots. The Aces went 1-4 on the power play and the Eagles went 2-4. Alaska outshot Colorado 40-24 in the game.
The Aces and Eagles close the week on Saturday night with the finale of Military Appreciation Weekend at Sullivan Arena. Tickets are currently on sale at the Aces office, Fred Meyer locations and www.ticketmaster.com. All Aces games can be heard on NewsTalk 103.7FM and 750AM KFQD. For more information, please contact the Aces office at 907.258.ACES, or visit them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
ECHL Stories from November 17, 2012
- Walleye Hook Nailers, 6-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Orlando Defeats Kalamazoo 4-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fortier, Lawrence Lead Solar Bears to 4-2 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators' Winning Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Koger and Bishop Lead Stingrays Past Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Beat Gladiators in Final Seconds - Greenville Road Warriors
- Jackals Trample the Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Bulls Take on Utah, Look for Back-To-Back Wins - San Francisco Bulls
- Eagles' Annual Holiday Store to Open Monday in Foothills Mall - Colorado Eagles
- Condors vs. Ontario - Date-A-Condor Night in Three Days - Bakersfield Condors
- Puck Drops on Royals First Game in Evansville on Sunday at 6:00 pm - Reading Royals
- Royals Sign Forward Carlo Finucci - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - November 17 - ECHL
- Nailers Week in Review - Wheeling Nailers
- Titans Gameday - Game 14 vs. Elmira, November 17 - Trenton Titans
- Wiebe Called up to Connecticut - Greenville Road Warriors
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Kalamazoo Wings Tonight - November 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings at Orlando Solar Bears - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - November 17 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Give Away a $5,000 Diamond Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Aces Earn Another Comeback Win over Eagles 5-4 in OT - Alaska Aces
- Bulls Reel in Steelheads, 4-2 - San Francisco Bulls
- Aces Edge Eagles, 5-4, in OT - Colorado Eagles
- Offensive success on home ice continues as Thunder roll over Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Titans Back in the Win Column; Beat Elmira on Road, 2-1 - Trenton Titans
- Condors Unbeaten Streak Ends against Vegas - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Tough Times Continue in 6-2 Stockton Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Wranglers Clip Condors in 5-2 Victory - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Steelheads Unbeaten Streak Ends in San Francisco - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.