McMurray Named All-Star, Signs with D-BacksSeptember 1, 2012 - American Association (AA) Lincoln Saltdogs
McMurray hit .304 with 18 home runs and 53 RBI in 79 games between Grand Prairie and the Saltdogs to earn the Post-season All-Star honors.
The 25-year old from Mission Viejo, Calif. will be making his second stint in affiliated ball. He was drafted in 2008 by the Cincinnati Reds and reached Double-A Carolina in their organization.
McMurray becomes the ninth Saltdogs player to have his contract purchased by a MLB organization since 2011, the most in the American Association.
The Saltdogs open up a season-ending three-game road series at the Rockland Boulders Saturday night at 6 p.m. Radio coverage begins at 5:30 p.m. on KFOR 1240.
American Association Stories from September 1, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Pheasants Pound Out To 20 Hits To Down Diablos - El Paso Diablos
- Saints Offense Produces for Charity in 8-3 Win, But Eliminated from Playoff Contention - St. Paul Saints
- Fish Playoff Bound Again, Tickets on Sale Now - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wingnuts Drop Series Opener to Saints - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lemurs Win But Can't Clinch Tonight - Laredo Lemurs
- Irvine Throws Gem as T-Bones Beat Sioux City - Kansas City T-Bones
- RailCats Fall to Lemurs 6-2 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Boulders Bash Way to Series-Opening Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Ks Galore as Fish Clinch Wild Card Spot - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Announces Post-Season All-Star Team - AA
- Nicolas Named League All-Star - Sioux Falls Canaries
- McMurray Named All-Star, Signs with D-Backs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Four RedHawks Earn League All-Star Honors - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.