Bowie Offense Erupts in 12-6 Win vs. ThunderAugust 17, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Trenton Thunder
The Baysox sent ten batters to the plate and scored six runs in the top of the fifth to erase a 3-2 deficit and grab the lead for good. Dellin Betances (3-3) issued two walks and two singles to start the fifth, leaving the game tied a 3 as Britton batted with none out. He nailed the first pitch from Betances over the right-field fence for his ninth home run of the season, the second grand slam the Thunder have allowed this season.
Murton hit a two-run blast against Bowie starter Mike Wright (4-3) in the bottom of the first to give Trenton a 2-1 lead. Zoilo Almonte's RBI single in the bottom of the third put the Thunder on top 3-2 and gave Almonte seven RBI in the last two games. Murton added another two-run shot in the eighth against reliever Andy Loomis, his 24th of the season.
Betances was charged with seven runs on seven hits and five walks in four plus innings of work. Antoan Richardson scored four runs for Bowie, while Britton drove in five runs on the night. Wright allowed four runs in six innings for the Baysox, while Loomis worked the final three innings and was credited with his first save.
The Thunder and Baysox continue the three-game series Saturday night with first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 pm. Trenton left-hander Vidal Nuno (7-4, 2.57) is expected to start against Bowie lefty Jake Pettit (8-3, 4.32). Limited tickets are available by contacting the Thunder box office at 609-394-3300 or online at www.trentonthunder.com. Radio coverage on 91.3 FM (WTSR) and also streaming online begins at 6:45 pm.
Eastern League Stories from August 17, 2012
- Bowie Offense Erupts in 12-6 Win vs. Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Baysox Leave Thunder Struck - Bowie Baysox
- Squirrels' Late Attack Overwhelms B-Mets, 10-3 - Binghamton Mets
- Aeros Stay Hot in 9-1 Romp over Reading - Akron Aeros
- Former Tiger Shuts Down 'Wolves - Erie SeaWolves
- Tepera Works Seven Innings for Seventh Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Perry Goes the Distance in 6-1 Sens Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Curve Lead Early, Fall Late to Fisher Cats - Altoona Curve
- Squirrels Erupt Late, Paste Mets, 10-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Friday's Sea Dogs' Game Suspended - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Harrisburg Senators - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Binghamton - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 17 vs. New Britain - Portland Sea Dogs
- Taillon to Join Altoona Curve for Double-A Debut on Tuesday - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Binghamton Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.