Evansville's Winning Streak Stopped at Eight in One Run LossAugust 7, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Evansville Otters
Evansville surged ahead in the bottom of the first with a three-run home run from outfielder DeAngelo Mack. It would be Mack's fifth home run of the season, immediately putting Traverse City down by three runs.
The Beach Bums would cut in to the deficit with a solo home run in the third but the home run fest continued in the bottom of the fifth inning. With catcher Brett Chamberlain on base, shortstop Taylor Black stepped to the plate and hit a two-out two-run home run to left field.
Down 5-1, Traverse City rallied to within a run of Evansville in the sixth inning. After a fielding error, Eveland struck again with a two-run double and former Otter Ryan Still hit an RBI single as well.
Evansville's lead shrunk to a run until Traverse City scored another three runs in the eighth. The Otters rallied back for a run in that inning, but could not score again in the 7-6 defeat to Traverse City.
The Otters winning streak is stopped at eight as the Beach Bums improve to a league-best 46-27. Evansville is now 35-38 this season.
Neither starter factored in to the decision. Scott Dunn (4-3) earns the win after pitching a scoreless seventh inning. Reliever David Kubiak (0-1) receives the loss after yielding three runs in 1.1 innings.
Evansville will look to begin a new winning streak on Wednesday in the middle game of the series against Traverse City. Right-hander Bryce Morrow (6-6, 4.33 ERA) will start for the Otters against righty Reid Kelly (7-3, 4.07 ERA). It is Kams OTW Night with $1 hot dogs. First pitch is set for 6:35 p.m. CDT at Historic Bosse Field.
Frontier League Stories from August 7, 2012
- Joliet Handles Warriors 14-2 to Open Series - Joliet Slammers
- Rascals Shut Out...Again - River City Rascals
- Grizzlies Drop Close Game to Crushers - Gateway Grizzlies
- Boomers Open Big Trip with Shutout - Schaumburg Boomers
- Calhoun Pitches Eight Strong in Loss - Southern Illinois Miners
- Crushers Homer Three Times, Take Series Opener, 5-4 - Lake Erie Crushers
- Evansville's Winning Streak Stopped at Eight in One Run Loss - Evansville Otters
- Miners Get Shut out at Home - Southern Illinois Miners
- ThunderBolts Hold off Late Freedom Rally - Florence Freedom
- Bottom of the Lineup Puts Beach Bums on Top - Traverse City Beach Bums
- VanderWall, Pen Pitch Shutout - Rockford RiverHawks
- CornBelters Topped by Washington - Normal CornBelters
- August 7 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Grizzlies Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Gateway Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.