Beach Bums' Langbehn Named East Division All-Star ManagerJuly 1, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Traverse City Beach Bums
The selection of Langbehn as manager comes with the Beach Bums carrying the best record in the Frontier League at 28-12 entering play on Sunday. Traverse City just wrapped up a 21-7 record in June, the most wins ever in a single month in team history, eclipsing the 2007 squad that won 19 games in August. Traverse City was also the only team in the Frontier League to have less than 10 losses in June.
"It's fantastic to be named the manager of such an elite group of players," Langbehn said. "This recognition doesn't happen without the contributions of the coaching staff and all 24 players in our lockerroom."
Langbehn was named the East Division manager based on the Frontier League standings. Managers for the All-Star Game are selected based on what team is in first place one week prior to the event (July 4). Last night's TC win coupled with Southern Illinois' loss at Gateway guaranteed that the Beach Bums will be in first place one week before the All-Star Game..
As manager for the team, Langbehn will get to select the final players to fill out the East Division roster after the results for All-Star voting are voting are announced on July 3. The game will take place on Wednesday, July 11 from the Corn Crib in Normal, IL, home of the Normal CornBelters.
Traverse City will wrap up a series with the Schaumburg Boomers on Monday before returning home to face the Normal CornBelters July 3-5 with the July Fourth being the Beach Bums annual Welcome Home Celebration, including fireworks presented by Team Bob's. For tickets or information, call 943-0100 or visit tcbeachbums.com.
Frontier League Stories from July 1, 2012
- Bullock's Gem Guides Evansville to 2-0 Win over Windy City - Evansville Otters
- Rascals Dominate Normal - River City Rascals
- Slammers Snap Four Game Skid - Joliet Slammers
- Grizzlies Shutout Miners for Third Straight Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- Schult Pitches Slammers Past RiverHawks - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Shutout in Gateway - Southern Illinois Miners
- Grizzlies Announce Time Change for July 3rd and July 4th - Gateway Grizzlies
- CornBelters Walloped by River City - Normal CornBelters
- Lake Erie Crushers Split DH with Florence - Lake Erie Crushers
- Mozingo's Walk-Off Double Caps Ninth Inning Rally - Schaumburg Boomers
- Boomers Rally to Snap Beach Bums Win Streak - Traverse City Beach Bums
- July 1 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Rippers Grab Canada Day Win in Grand Fashion - London Rippers
- RiverHawks release pitcher - Rockford RiverHawks
- Beach Bums' Langbehn Named East Division All-Star Manager - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Max Peterson Has Contract Purchased by White Sox - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rascals Lose Fourth-Straight - River City Rascals
- Offense Carries Grizzlies to Win over Miners - Gateway Grizzlies
- Miners Lose Series Opener to Grizzlies - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.