Goeddel Drives in Run in Loss to WhitecapsJune 14, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Bowling Green Hot Rods
The Whitecaps took an early 1-0 lead, but the Hot Rods answered when Tyler Goeddel brought in a run on a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the third. That was it for the Hot Rods offense on Thursday night as the Whitecaps scored the game's final eight runs. The first of two West Michigan four-run outbursts came in the top of the fifth when Eugenio Suarez lined a single to left field, Steven Moya smashed a two-run home run, and Curt Casali hit a solo homer.
The Hot Rods offense sputtered down the stretch as the team only recorded one hit in the final six frames. Whitecaps starter Tommy Collier lasted seven, impressive frames to earn his fifth win of the season. The win for the Whitecaps slots them one game behind the Hot Rods in the Eastern Division with one game to play.
The Hot Rods will welcome the Fort Wayne TinCaps to town on Friday night at 7:05 PM CDT for the first of a three-game series at Bowling Green Ballpark. Bowling Green will give the start to RHP Parker Markel (1-4, 6.17), while the TinCaps will send RHP Matt Wisler (2-3, 2.59) to the mound. Tune in to the game on 1340-AM "The Ticket" and online at 1340wbgn.com. The Forever Communications Pregame Show with Hank Fuerst begins at 6:45 PM CDT.
Friday night is the first Faith and Family Night of the season at Bowling Green Ballpark, featuring a night of fellowship and baseball at the ballpark. Saturday also features a pregame concert by national recording artist Carlos Whittaker and faith discussion by a Hot Rods player. For ticket information, log on to BGHotRods.com or call 270-901-2121.
Midwest League Stories from June 14, 2012
- Kernels shut out Burlington, 8-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- LumberKings Swept at Home by Timber Rattlers - Clinton LumberKings
- Quad Cities Takes Rubber Match with Kane County, 4-3 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Can't Get Sweep, Lose 8-0 to Kernels - Burlington Bees
- Rattlers sweep Clinton with 9-1 win - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hawks Humble Captains 9-7 - Lake County Captains
- Snappers Are Playoff Bound - Beloit Snappers
- Wild Win for Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Goeddel Drives in Run in Loss to Whitecaps - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Fall 5-3, Eliminated from Playoff Race - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars out of First Half Playoff Contention - Kane County Cougars
- Lugnuts earn come-from-behind 5-4 victory - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Edge Dragons with 9th Inning Run - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Drop Rubber Game, 5-4 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Castillo Goes to DL, Rodriguez to All-Star Game - MWL
- Bob Dylan to Perform at Parkview Field August 24, 2012 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Gameday for June 14 - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Clobber Kernels, 14-9 - Burlington Bees
- 6/14 - Purdue Coach, Schreiber, to Throw out First Pitch (Release Attached) - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Gary Mitchell activated from DL; Jairo Diaz placed on DL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.