Power Attempts Minor League Promotion of the YearMay 22, 2012 - South Atlantic League (SAL) West Virginia Power
Each year Minor League Baseball presents a "Golden Bobblehead" to the team with the best promotional night. The Power has been in contention for the award in years past but has fallen short. This year however, they think they have a home run with Redneck Night.
"While Redneck Night is not a new idea to us or minor league baseball, I have never seen it done to this extent before," stated General Manager Tim Mueller. "Where else can you see monkeys riding dogs herding goats, meet a man who can bend a horseshoe into the shape of a heart, and see a couple married on the dugout? Our staff has put together a great promotional schedule this year and this is one night we've all been looking forward to. It's just going to be a lot of fun!"
For a complete rundown of the night's schedule of events, please see the enclosed itinerary.
Tickets for Redneck Night and all Power home games are available online at wvpower.com, over the phone at 304-344-BATS (2287), or at the Power Box Office.
South Atlantic League Stories from May 22, 2012
- 'Dads Split Second Straight Twin Bill with Kannapolis - Hickory Crawdads
- 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Inning HR's Highlight 11-9 Win - Asheville Tourists
- Kannapolis Falls Short in Game 2 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Gnats Flip Script, Defeat Dogs 5-3 - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Charleston Drops a Heartbreaker to Savannah 5-12-12 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Suns and Grasshoppers Split Doubleheader - Hagerstown Suns
- Third Straight Win, 3-1 over Delmarva - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Shorebirds Bats Quiet in 3-1 Loss to Lakewood - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Intimidators Hang on to Win Waterlogged Game 1 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Power Attempts Minor League Promotion of the Year - West Virginia Power
- Braves Sweep Augusta in Doubleheader - Rome Braves
- Braves Sweep Matinee Twinbill - Augusta GreenJackets
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Crawdads Weekly - 'Dads Host Intimidators and Legends this Week - Hickory Crawdads
- Tourists Take Late Night Affair from Drive; 7-5 - Asheville Tourists
- MiLB.com Launches Contest for "Best Mascot in Minor League Baseball" - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Blood Drive Before Next Tuesday's Game - Kannapolis Intimidators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.