Rainiers Rock Express, 13-6May 15, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
The Rainiers have now won each of their last four games since losing a season-high seven consecutive games, May 4-10.
After the Express jumped out to a quick 1-0 advantage in the top of the first, Tacoma bounced back to take the lead with three runs in the bottom of the frame. Catcher Guillermo Quiroz drove in the go-ahead run with a two-run single that plated Luis Rodriguez and Carlos Triunfel. First baseman Scott Savastano added some insurance with an RBI-single in the Rainiers next at-bat.
Tacoma took an insurmountable 7-1 lead after scoring four more runs in the bottom of the second. Trayvon Robinson hit a one-run single and Triunfel lined an RBI-single before Luis Jimenez capped off the inning with a two-run single.
The Rainiers combined to collect 17 hits in the contest, with each member of the lineup collecting at least one hit and seven turning in multi-hit efforts. First baseman Scott Savastano led the way with three hits - all doubles - and three RBI. Carlos Peguero launched a two-run home run in the fifth inning.
The designated hitter Jimenez ended the night going 2-for-3 and has now hit safely in each of his last 13 games, the longest hitting streak recorded by a Rainiers player this season. Rodriguez stretched his hitting streak to 11 games after turning in a double and a single on Monday night.
Starter Jeff Marquez (3-3) picked up his third win of the season after holding the Express to three runs - two earned - on three hits and striking out four over 6.0 innings. Relievers Cesar Jimenez and Scott Patterson combined to surrender three runs on five hits and strike out three over the game's final three frames.
The Rainiers (15-23) play the final leg of the club's four-game series with Round Rock (17-22) on Tuesday, May 15. Right-hander Forrest Snow (0-3, 7.57) is slated to start for Tacoma against Express right-hander Greg Reynolds (1-2, 4.12). First pitch is scheduled for 11:35 a.m.
Every Rainiers game can be heard live on South Sound Sports 850-AM and is available to be streamed online at www.tacomarainiers.com.
To purchase season tickets, group packages or party decks for the 2012 season, call (253) 752-7707 or email email@example.com. Up-to-date news and notes throughout the season can be found at www.tacomarainiers.com and by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand) or liking the team on Facebook.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2012
- Sky Sox Grounded by Redbirds - Memphis Redbirds
- River Cats Split Series with 9-4 Win over Iowa - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Roughed Up By Round Rock, 11-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- River Cats Sink Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Noonan, Fresno Come Back to Beat Storm Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Manny Ramirez to Play at the Dell Diamond - Round Rock Express
- Manny Ramirez to Return to Albuquerque - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Blast Off in 7-4 Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Manny Ramirez Set to Join Sacramento River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Take Three of Four from Reno with 9-7 Victory on Wednesday - Nashville Sounds
- Isotopes Bested by Bees, 4-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Tops Aces 9-7 in Finale - Reno Aces
- Albuquerque's Brian Cavazos-Galvez Joins Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Cubs Sign Former All-Star MacDougal - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes: May 15, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Tacoma Rainiers - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Express Slide Continues at Tacoma 13-6 - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Rock Express, 13-6 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Five-Spot in Ninth Sends Omaha Past Fresno - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Cubs Contain River Cats - Iowa Cubs
- I-Cubs Top River Cats, 3-1 - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees Sting Isotopes 3-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.