Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game NotesMay 11, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Erie SeaWolves
----- LHP JARED WESSON (3-2, 6.91 ERA) vs. RHP PHILLIP IRWIN (0-0, 0.00 ERA) FRIDAY, MAY 12 * 7:05 AM * RADIO COVERAGE: FOX SPORTS RADIO 1330 AM, WWW.SEAWOLVES.COM JERRY UHT PARK * GAME #32 * HOME GAME #16 * NIGHT GAME #23
----- Tonight, the SeaWolves look for their third straight win as they take on the Altoona Curve (Pittsburgh Pirates) in the second game of a four-game series at Jerry Uht Park. Last night, the SeaWolves took advantage of costly Altoona errors en route to an 8-4 win in the series opener. It was only the SeaWolves second win in the opening game of a series this season, both against the Curve. The 'Wolves have won back-to-back games for the fourth time and are looking for their first three-game winning streak. Erie has also won two straight games against the Curve for the second time this season...Today, lefty Jared Wesson takes the mound for the SeaWolves making his seventh start and his third against the Curve. Wesson has alternated wins and losses in his last four starts. He is 1-1 in two starts against Altoona. Wesson earned a win in his last start at Reading on May 6. In the game, he allowed three runs on six hits with two walks and five strikeouts in five innings of work. Erie won the game 9-4...RHP Phil Irwin makes his Altoona debut tonight. He made one start with Class-A Bradenton, allowing a run on two hits with no walks and six strikeouts in five innings on May 5. Irwin made 15 appearances, 14 starts, with the Curve in 2011 posting an 8-4 record and 3.81 ERA...The SeaWolves will host Altoona for two more games over the weekend before welcoming first place Akron to town for a three-game set beginning Monday night.
----- The hit SportsTime Ohio sports talk show All Bets are Off starring Cleveland sports talk celebrity Bruce Drennan will broadcast live at Jerry Uht Park on Monday, May 14 prior to the SeaWolves game against the Akron Aeros (Cleveland Indians).
----- SATURDAY vs. ALTOONA - 7:05 FIRST PITCH RHP James Avery (4-2, 2.70 ERA) vs. RHP Brandon Cumpton (4-2, 3.44 ERA)
SUNDAY vs. ALTOONA - 1:35 FIRST PITCH LHP Kelvin De La Cruz (1-4, 4.50 ERA) vs. LHP Kris Johnson (0-0, 2.08 ERA)
MONDAY vs. AKRON - 6:35 FIRST PITCH LHP Ramon Garcia (1-2, 7.31 ERA) vs. LHP Giovanni Soto (3-1, 3.94 ERA)
TUESDAY vs. AKRON - 6:35 FIRST PITCH RHP Zack Segovia (4-2, 4.31 ERA) vs. LHP T.J. McFarland (6-1, 2.18 ERA)
----- - The season series between Erie and Altoona is tied 4-4. The SeaWolves and Curve meet 23 times in 2012. - Erie is 6-9 at Jerry Uht Park - The SeaWolves have committed 18 errors and have a .984 team fielding percentage. - Jordan Lennerton is tied for second in the league with six home runs. Lennerton has not homered since 4/19 at BOW. - Rob Brantly is third in the league with a .569 slugging percentage. He is tied for the league lead with 12 doubles and is tied for fourth with 15 extra-base hits. - Erie pitchers have walked 148 hitters, the most in the EL. The 'Wolves have also given up 32 home runs which is tied for most allowed in the league. - Erie is 11th in the league with a 4.70 team ERA. Altoona ranks eighth in the league with a 3.92 ERA. - Erie is tied for third in the league with a .262 team batting average. Altoona is 10th with a .249 team average. - Niuman Romero is third in the EL with 41 hits. Romero is also the toughest hitter to strike out in the league, striking out just one every 12.91 plate appearances.
Eastern League Stories from May 11, 2012
- Sea Dogs Rebound with 4-2 Win Over Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rosenbaum Solid Again in Leading Senators to 8-1 Win over Akron - Harrisburg Senators
- Aeros Fall to Senators - Akron Aeros
- Four-Run Fifth Sends Sea Dogs Past Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Drop Fourth Straight with 7-3 Loss in Erie - Altoona Curve
- Long Balls Power 'Wolves over Curve - Erie SeaWolves
- B-Mets Ride Big First Inning to 11-4 Win - Binghamton Mets
- Rock Cats Break Up No-Hitter, Go On To Victory - New Britain Rock Cats
- Glenn, Goins, McDade Shine in 11-4 Loss to Mets - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Hesto Presto, Squirrels Dump Baysox, 6-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Squirrels Use Big Third to Top Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Rock 101 Announces the Return of Sky Show Featuring Blue Oyster Cult - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. Bowie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Game Notes: at New Hampshire Fisher Cats - Binghamton Mets
- Aeros Pitchers on the Move - Akron Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.