Bisons Notes - Buffalo at CharlotteMay 11, 2012 - International League (IL) Buffalo Bisons
Friday, May 11, 2012 (7:15 p.m.) - Knights Stadium
LHP Garrett Olson (0-3, 3.77) vs. RHP Terry Doyle (1-3, 4.19)
Radio: WWKB AM 1520, WGR Sportsradio 550 AM, bisons.com
TODAY'S GAME: Tonight, the Buffalo Bisons take on the Charlotte Knights in the first game of a four-game series at Knights Stadium (7:15 p.m.). The Herd is coming off a 3-1 series win in Gwinnett. The team is currently 3-3 in their season-long 10-game roadtrip. Buffalo has won 10 of its last 14 contests dating back to April 25.
vs. KNIGHTS: The Bisons face the Charlotte Knights tonight for the first time in 2012. The teams split the season series 4-4 last year with each team winning a pair of games in the other's ballpark. Buffalo has not won a four-game series at Knights Stadium since taking three of four, May 13-16, 2005.
OLE!: LHP GARRETT OLSON is in search of his first Bisons "W.' The southpaw is back on his normal day after working on short rest to throw 3.2 innings in the second game of a doubleheader in Rochester on May 5. Olson did match a season-high with five strikeouts in that start against the Red Wings.
Q-TIP: In his last 19 games (since April 20), INF OMAR QUINTANILLA is hitting .373 (22-59). Over that span, he leads all Bisons hitters with five home runs and 13RBI. On the year, Quintanilla has hit .346 (9-26) with runners in scoring position. His 18RBI are second to only INF VALENTINO PASCUCCI (19RBI) for the team lead.
LUTZ GO HERD: INF ZACH LUTZ has five hits and five walks in his six games since returning from his first major league stint. That's a .556 on-base percentage since May 1. On the season, Lutz's .427 on-base percentage is the 7th best in the International League. Lutz's .921 OPS is 10th best in the league.
SCALES: INF BOBBY SCALES ranks 2nd in the International League in batting average (.352) and on-base percentage (.469). His 37 hits are tied for the 5th best in the league and his 10 doubles are tied for the 3rd most. Scales has six more walks (22) than strikeouts (16) this season.
BISONS BITS: The Bisons have won five of their last six series...OF FRED LEWIS led off for the first time with Buffalo yesterday and was 2-5 with a run scored. He's hit in eight of his first 10 games as a Bison...As a staff, Bisons pitchers have allowed 29 less hits (266) than innings pitched (295.0).
METS UPDATE : The Mets (18-13) were off on Thursday. New York has won a National League-best five straight games, including a three-game sweep of the rival Phillies in Philadelphia. The Mets are just a half game back in the East division. New York sends LHP JOHAN SANTANA to the mound tonight to face the Marlins at 7:10 p.m.
International League Stories from May 11, 2012
- Gwinnett Sweeps DH with Toledo, 3-2 and 5-2 - Gwinnett Braves
- Gimenez Hits Game-Winner, Knights Beat Bisons 3-2 Friday - Charlotte Knights
- Durham Spoils Yankees' Five Run Comeback - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Indians Knock out Norfolk 4-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Hens Drop Two Games to Braves - Toledo Mud Hens
- Lannan, Paul Lead Chiefs to Win - Syracuse Chiefs
- Mathis Masters Clippers - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Orioles Select Contract of LHP Dana Eveland; Place RHP Matt Lindstrom on DL - Norfolk Tides
- Tides Announce Armed Forces Night Festivities - Norfolk Tides
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Friday, May 11 at Syracuse - Rochester Red Wings
- Chiefs to Honor Troops on Armed Forces Day - Syracuse Chiefs
- Crain to Begin Rehab Assignment Tonight at Knights Stadium - Charlotte Knights
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Charlotte - Buffalo Bisons
- Baseball Month in Rochester - May 11 - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.