Donaldson, Godfrey Sweep Pacific Coast League HonorsMay 7, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Sacramento River Cats
Donaldson led the league in almost every major offensive category last week. He went 11-for-19 in six games, posting a league-leading .579 batting average. He also led the PCL with nine RBIs, a .652 on-base percentage, a .947 slugging percentage, and a 1.600 OPS (on-base plus slugging percentage).
In nine games with Sacramento since being optioned by Oakland, Donaldson is hitting .467 with four home runs and 13 RBIs. He also hit safely in his first eight games before going 0-for-1 with a walk and a hit by pitch in game two of the River Cats' doubleheader on Saturday in Tucson.
Godfrey was equally impressive last week. In two starts-May 1 at home against Colorado Springs and May 6 at Tucson-Godfrey tossed a combined 13 innings and allowing just one unearned run. In those two starts, Godfrey struck out nine while walking just one batter. He earned wins in both starts.
On the season, Godfrey is 3-0 with a 0.45 ERA in three starts. He has struck out 19 while walking three, and has surrendered one earned run in 20 innings pitched. He is scheduled to pitch again on Saturday, May 12, against the Iowa Cubs at Raley Field.
The River Cats return to Raley Field on Tuesday, May 8, for a Kids Eat Free Tuesday, presented by California Family Fitness. Cats RHP Travis Banwart (3-1, 5.67 ERA) will get the nod, while the Omaha Storm Chasers will counter with RHP Vin Mazzaro (1-0, 4.37 ERA). The contest is set for 7:05 p.m., and will kick off an eight-game homestand against Omaha and the Iowa Cubs.
2012 River Cats Season Tickets, Mini-Plans, Flex Plans and group outings can be purchased by calling the River Cats Ticket Hotline at (916) 371-HITS (4487). Individual game tickets, starting at $8, are available online at ticketmaster.com and at Raley Field's Round Table Pizza Ticket Office. For more information about the 2012 River Cats season, visit www.rivercats.com. For information on other events at Raley Field, visit www.raleyfield.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 7, 2012
- Aces Complete Sweep of Rainiers with 13-10 Win - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Swept By Aces - Tacoma Rainiers
- Mother's Day Brunch, Players' Wives Food Drive Highlight Upcoming Eight-Game Homestand - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Defeat Sounds 8-3 in Series Finale - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Loses Series Finale in Albuquerque, 8-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Homestand Highlights (Tuesday, May 8 - Tuesday, May 15) - Memphis Redbirds
- Storm Chasers Sweep the RedHawks for 14th Straight Home Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Sink Memphis Redbirds 7-1 - Round Rock Express
- Quality Coleman Quells Zephyrs - Iowa Cubs
- Storm Chasers Sweep RedHawks, 8-4 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- New Orleans Zephyrs Lose in Bizarre Fashion; Drop 1-0 Game in Iowa - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Donaldson, Godfrey Sweep Pacific Coast League Honors - Sacramento River Cats
- Sacramento's Donaldson And Godfrey Top Players For The Week - PCL
- Zephyrs Open 8-Game Homestand Tuesday - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sky Sox and Grizzlies Postponed Because of Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sounds Open Eight-Game Homestand Tomorrow - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Memphis Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes: May 7, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.