Colabello, Rock Cats Defeat Sea Dogs 6-3April 17, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Portland Sea Dogs
Colabello, who hit a three run homer to tie the game in the ninth inning Monday night and drove-in the game winning run in the 11th, continued to pound Portland pitching Tuesday night with a 2-for-3 performance with two home runs, three RBI, and three runs scored. Colabello now has four home runs on the season, three within the last two nights against the Sea Dogs.
The Sea Dogs lit up the scoreboard first when Jeremy Hazelbaker blasted his first home run of the season as the Sea Dogs took a 1-0 lead after three innings.
The lead was short lived as New Britain scored three times in the top of the fourth. Chris Herrmann and Colabello scored on Deibinson Romero's single. Romero would come home on a Pedro Florimon single.
Colabello would collect his first home run of the night in the top of the sixth with a solo blast off reliever Will Latimer in the sixth inning as the Twins affiliate extended their lead to 4-1.
Portland starter Brock Huntzinger (0-3) was tagged with the loss for Portland yielding three runs (one earned) on four hits.
Colabello struck again in the eighth with a two run shot to put the game out of reach for the Sea Dogs as New Britain took a 6-1 lead.
The Sea Dogs rallied for two runs in the ninth when Bryce Brentz legged out a two run triple.
Kolbrin Vitek singled to lead off the sixth inning to extend his hit streak to eight games. He has reached base safely in all 13 games this season. Eastern League Player of the Week Juan Carlos Linares extended his hit streak to eight and his consecutive game on base streak to 12 with a ninth inning single.
The Sea Dogs opening homestand will come to a close on Wednesday with a 12:00 noon game against the Rock Cats. The Sea Dogs will send south paw Chris Hernandez (0-1, 2.70) to the mound. New Britain will counter with righty Steve Hirschfield (2-0, 1.80). Tickets are available and can be purchased by calling the Sea Dogs Ticket Office at 207-879-9500 or online at www.seadogs.com.
Eastern League Stories from April 17, 2012
- Hoes, Baysox Slip By Aeros, 4-2 - Akron Aeros
- Almonte's Bat, Marshall's Arm Lead Thunder Past SeaWolves, 6-2 - Trenton Thunder
- 'Sens Blank Curve, 4-0 - Altoona Curve
- SeaWolves Drop Third Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- Goins Has Three Hits in Fisher Cats 10-6 Loss to Mets - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Squirrels Pummeled in Game Two, 19-6 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Six-Run Third Inning Spurs B-Mets Victory, 10-6 - Binghamton Mets
- Mandel Leads the Senators to 4-0 Win over Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Wild Pitches Key Baysox Victory - Bowie Baysox
- Colabello, Rock Cats Defeat Sea Dogs 6-3 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves Vs. Trenton Thunder - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes Vs. Reading - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Bark at the Park (Bring Your Dog) this Sunday - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs to Honor Over 1,100 Maine Student Readers - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox Want to Hear Barking in Park - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.