Capitals Recall Keith Aucoin from HersheyFebruary 28, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hershey Bears
Aucoin, 33, is second in the AHL in points (70; six behind teammate Chris Bourque) and leads the league in assists (59) and has collected 11 goals in 43 games with Hershey this season. This marks the seventh time Aucoin has tallied at least 70 points in an AHL campaign, the fourth as a member of the Hershey Bears. Additionally, Aucoin is 13 assists shy of tying a career high for assists in a single season, and 30 assists shy to match the AHL record for helpers in a single campaign (89).
The Waltham, Massachusetts, native has appeared in eight games this season with the Capitals (one goal, one assist) and 80-career NHL games with Washington and the Carolina Hurricanes, collecting 28 points (nine goals, 19 assists). The four-time AHL All-Star was the winner of the John B. Sollenberger Trophy as the AHL's leading scorer in 2010 and received the Les Cunningham Award as the AHL's MVP for the 2009-10 season. In 673 career AHL games, Aucoin has recorded 777 points (223 goals, 554 assists) and is one assist shy of Art Stratton for fifth all-time in assists in AHL history. He is a two-time Calder Cup champion with the Hershey Bears.
The 5'8", 171-pound center was signed by the Capitals as a free agent on July 3, 2008. He will wear No. 23 for Washington and will participate in today's morning skate.
American Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2012
- B-Sens Ice the IceCaps, 5-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Aeros Mascot Will Skydive for Breast Cancer Awareness - Houston Aeros
- Brian Fahey Named Captain for Remainder of Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies End Homestand on a High Note with a 6-1 Win over Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Assign Fienhage, MacKenzie to Gwinnett - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Return to Scope Looking to Build on Longest Winning Streak - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Host Three at the BC this Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- The 72 Project Update And Part Two Of Ryan Walter On Puska On Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Marlies to Honour Canadian Forces - Toronto Marlies
- Sharks Fall to Whale 2-1 in a Shootout - Worcester Sharks
- Tampa Bay Recalls Four Players from Admirals, Reassigns Alex Hutchings to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Gordon and Bitz Head to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- Whale Dodge Sharks 2-1 in Shootout - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Devils Host American Cancer Society Night - Albany Devils
- Sabres Recall Forward Corey Tropp from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Bulldogs Set for 2012 Pucks & Paws Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Weekly Update - Oklahoma City Barons
- Falcons Acquire Nathan Longpre from Chicago Wolves - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Reassign Goaltender Brian Stewart to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Blackhawks Recall Bollig from Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Janik Joins Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Church to be Inducted into Pirates Hall of Fame - Portland Pirates
- Wolves Trade Longpre to Springfield - Chicago Wolves
- Bruins Recall Sauve - Providence Bruins
- Week 22 - Palmieri Hits the Century Mark - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Recall Keith Aucoin from Hershey - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.