Greenville wins 5-2February 11, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Greenville Road Warriors
If the Road Warriors had revenge on their mind after being out-scored 5-2 in the second period of a 7-2 loss to Kalamazoo, they let it show in the first period on Saturday. Five goals by the Road Warriors, including one on the power play, had them up by three after 20 minutes of play. The scoring started early with Lee Baldwin netting his fifth of the season 1:58 into the game. He added assists on Brett Robinson's power play goal at 14:39 and Brendan Connolly's score at 18:23 to give him three points in a game for the second time this week. He also had three assists in Tuesday's win at South Carolina. Robinson's strike capped off a stretch of 6:02 of play in which the Road Warriors poured in three goals. Brandon Wong started the onslaught at 8:37 with his 14th of the season and was followed by Jeff Caister netting his second at 10:03. Jason Missiaen, who made his fifth straight start had 16 saves in the period.
The first two periods were as different as night and day as Greenville and Kalamazoo battled to a scoreless draw in the second. The Wings began the period on a power play but generated just two shots on goal, and also went without a goal on a power play midway through the frame. The Road Warriors were also afforded a power play chance in the second, but could not send a shot past goalie Maxime Clermont.
The third period featured no scoring and that suited the Road Warriors just fine. Greenville actually out-shot the Wings 15-9 in the stanza even though it was Kalamazoo trying to make up the three-goal deficit. The Road Warriors had a chance to extend the lead early when Sam Ftorek picked up an interference minor. Clermont and the rest of the Wings slammed the door, though, then went on a power play of their own a minute later. This time it was Missiaen and the Road Warriors killers shining and not allowing the Wings to generate any momentum.
Missiaen earned his tenth win of the season with 38 saves. The Road Warriors were 1-for-4 on the power play and 3-for-4 on the penalty kill.
Mark your calendars! The Road Warriors return home on Sunday, February 12, 2012 to take on the Chicago Express. Sunday is a Family Fun Day featuring a post-game skate with the team, $5 tickets for kids 12 and under, and the Spinx Family Four-Pack (four tickets and food for $48). Any group of 10 or more can also get a discount off the box office price and preferred seating based on availability by booking in advance. Call 864-674-PUCK (7825) to book your group outing with the Road Warriors. Also, please note that the Road Warriors game scheduled for March 1 has been moved to Saturday, March 3 at 7:05 p.m. at the BI-LO Center. Visit www.greenvilleroadwarriors.com for more information.
ECHL Stories from February 11, 2012
- Aces' Trip Ends with 5-1 Loss to Steelheads - Alaska Aces
- Eagles Win 4th Straight After Weekend Sweep Against Stockton - Colorado Eagles
- Grizzlies Settle for Weekend Split in Ontario - Utah Grizzlies
- Two-Goal Slips Through Reading's Grasp in Loss to Elmira - Reading Royals
- Nailers Top Titans; Bohmback Scores Twice - Trenton Titans
- Galivan Leads Glads to 3-1 Win - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Greenville wins 5-2 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Beca's Hat Trick Leads Everblades Over Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Greenville Gets Revenge - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Rally in Second Period, Hold off Royals 3-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Express See Five-Game Win Streak Snapped by Stingrays, 3-2 - Chicago Express
- Cyclones' Rally Spoiled by Walleye, 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Delmas Makes 35 Saves in 4-2 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Offense Regains Some Firepower - Ontario Reign
- Justin Bowers Back to Greenville - Greenville Road Warriors
- Nolan Becomes 485th ECHL Player to Reach NHL - ECHL
- Condors Vs. Las Vegas Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 11 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Episode 30 Features Eric Ballard and Craig Bommer - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - February 11, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Game Preview: Express at Gwinnett Tonight - Chicago Express
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Reading - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Gameday: Bobblehead Night and Wounded Warrior Night Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 11 - ECHL
- Thunder defeated by Colorado - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Trail Grizzlies in 2-1 Loss - Ontario Reign
- Condors Clip Wranglers 2-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Beat Ontario 2-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Upend First Place Wranglers, 2-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces Score Late to Top Steelheads, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Aces Cash in Late for 3-2 Win in Idaho - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.