Worcester Sharks Sign Forward Jack Combs to AHL ContractFebruary 7, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Worcester Sharks
In addition, goaltender Antero Niittymaki has been assigned to the Syracuse Crunch (AHL) and forward Andrew Murray has been loaned to Worcester (AHL) from San Jose (NHL).
Combs, a 24-year-old forward from St. Louis, MO has recorded eight goals and 10 assists in 21 games with Worcester since signing a PTO with the Sharks on December 14, 2011. Jack was the ECHL scoring leader at the time of his signing with the Sharks, notching 17 goals and 20 assists in 23 games with the Colorado Eagles.
Niittymaki, a 31-year-old from Turku, Finland was originally drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft. In five games with Worcester this season, Niittymaki went 2-3-0 with a 3.01 goals against average and a .890 save percentage. Antero had 12 wins last season with the San Jose Sharks.
Murray, a 30-year-old native of Selkirk, Manitoba was drafted in the 8th round of the 2001 NHL Entry Draft by the Columbus Blue Jackets. In 39 games with San Jose this season, he recorded one goal, three assists, and four penalty minutes. Murray has played 220 career NHL games with Columbus and San Jose recording 40 points (24-16-40) and 36 penalty minutes. Andrew is expected to wear #44 with the Worcester Sharks.
On Friday, the first 3,000 fans will receive a Worcester Sharks Lords of the Rink movie poster presented by WTAG when the Sharks host the Manchester Monarchs at the DCU Center at 7:30pm. As with every Friday night game; hot dogs, sodas, and popcorn are just $2! Wachusett Mountain will also be giving away ski lift passes at the game! The game will be televised live on Charter TV3.
On Saturday, the Sharks travel to Hershey to take on the Bears at 7pm.
On Sunday, the Sharks host the Portland Pirates at 3pm. For the first time in team history, the DCU Center Ice will be colored PINK and the Sharks will wear commemorative PINK jerseys sponsored by Patriot Buick GMC to benefit the Cup Crusaders and to support breast cancer awareness and research.
The PINK jerseys will all be auctioned off through raffle, Chinese auction, silent auction, a post-game live auction, and a select few via an online auction; with proceeds to benefit the Cup Crusaders.
The first 1,000 fans will receive a Worcester Sharks PINK in the RINK t-shirt courtesy of Patriot Buick GMC and the Sharks will be selling PINK mystery autograph pucks with proceeds to benefit the Cup Crusaders.
Before the Worcester Sharks host the Portland Pirates at 3pm, the St. John's high school varsity hockey team will battle St. Peter-Marian at 12pm in the 5th annual High School Hockey Showdown. Doors at the DCU Center will open at 11:30am with one ticket good for both games!
Score a family fun pack today for only $74! Four tickets, four hot dogs, and four sodas for a portion of the price! Available only through the Sharks front office for every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games this season!
Enjoy a Worcester Sharks Experience Pack! The Sharks are offering groups to partake in a Sharks hockey experience with many interactive activities; including friends and family skates on the DCU Center ice before or after a game, the high FIN tunnel (high-fiving players as they take the ice), singing the National Anthem, intermission performances, and more.
American Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2012
- Admirals Top Stars in Overtime - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Beat Stars 4-3 in OT - Texas Stars
- Stone Cold Finish - Manchester Monarchs
- Whale Continue Hot Play with 3-1 Win over Syracuse - Connecticut Whale
- Crunch Fall to Connecticut - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Point Streak Snapped at Seven Games - Providence Bruins
- George Washington, Badger Band, and Wrestlers - Milwaukee Admirals
- Falcons Community Report - Team to Host a Pair of Events this Week - Springfield Falcons
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Edmonton Recalls Paajarvi - Oklahoma City Barons
- Hamill Returns to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Heat Weekly - Abbotsford Heat
- P-Bruins Sign Robins - Providence Bruins
- Sikorsky's Hockey & Heroes, Rotary Night Coming up this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Marlies Continue Homestand with Three Games this Week at Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Antero Niittymaki Loaned to Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Sign Forward Jack Combs to AHL Contract - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Down Aeros, 2-1 - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Announces Suspensions - AHL
- White Scores Two But Rampage Overtake Bulldogs, 4-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Fight Back to Overtake Bulldogs 4-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Return Home for Showdowns with Phantoms - Norfolk Admirals
- Meet NHL Hall of Famer Tony Esposito on February 26 - Rockford IceHogs
- 2012 Labatt Blue Bubble Hockey Tourney Underway - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Jets Re-Assign Machacek to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Labatt Blue Bubble Hockey Tournament Presented by the AHL Event Info Announced - Worcester Sharks
- Gameday Preview - Milwaukee at Texas - Texas Stars
- Lightning Recall Evan Oberg from Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Penguins Assign Petersen to W-B/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.