10,082 Watch Gladiators Beat Road Warriors 3-2 in a ShootoutFebruary 4, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Gwinnett Gladiators
The Greenville Road Warriors took an early lead at 7:36 into the opening period with a power play goal from defenseman Wes Cunningham to give Greenville a 1-0 advantage. Road Warrior Bretton Cameron picked up the helper on the first marker.
Later in the period, the Gladiators answered with a man-advantage goal from Nikita Kashirsky at the right wing circle at the16:22 mark. Kashisrky's goal extended his point-scoring streak to ten games, giving him his eighth goal in his stretch. Defenseman Brad Miller had the first assist and netminder Jeff Jakaitis notched his first helper of the season on the tying goal.
At 6:17 into the second period, Brandon Wong crashed into Jakaitis inside the cage. Jakaitis skated back to the locker room and did not return to the game. Palmer came in from the bench to take Jakaitis' place in the net.
Greenville broke the 1-1 tie with goal from Wong, who got by the Gladiator defense to beat Palmer in the slot. Jeremy Gouchie and Francis Meilleur had the assists on the goal at 11:26 of the second.
The Gladiators regrouped after the goal from the Road Warriors with a power play marker to tie the game 2-2. Pat Galivan found Dallas Jackson at the top where he teed up and buried the puck pass Greenville goaltender Jason Missiaen. Jackson notched his fifth man-advantage goal on the season. Andy Brandt added the second assist on the tally at 16:54 of the period.
Defensive battle ensued in the third period, which led the game into overtime. The period ended as it began with the teams tied at two. After a scoreless overtime, the game headed into a shootout.
Joey Haddad broke a 1-1 tie in the shootout and Pat Galivan put the game away with his fifth-round shootout goal. Palmer stopped four-of-five Road Warriors shooters to lift the Glads to a victory.
The Gladiators will return to the Arena at Gwinnett Center to take on the Florida Everblades on Thursday at 7:05 p.m.
ECHL Stories from February 4, 2012
- Cyclones, Fogal Preserve 4-3 Win Over South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Conclude Road Trip with Dramatic OT Win in Florida, - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Win Third Straight, Beat Stingrays 3-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Reading Rallies for 5-4 Overtime Victory - Florida Everblades
- Road Warriors Falter Against Gladiators - Greenville Road Warriors
- 10,082 Watch Gladiators Beat Road Warriors 3-2 in a Shootout - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Wietecha, Mannino Lead Express to 2-1 Win Over Jackals - Chicago Express
- Stingrays Close Road Trip with 3-2 Loss in Cincinnati - South Carolina Stingrays
- Lenes' 12th Goal with Wheeling Defeats Former Club - Wheeling Nailers
- Riley Gill Makes 33 Saves in the K-Wings' First Shutout of the Season - Kalamazoo Wings
- Justin Bowers Loaned to AHL Milwaukee - Greenville Road Warriors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Idaho Steelheads - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 4 - ECHL
- Condors Vs. Colorado Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati Vs. South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines - ECHL
- Allen York Returns to Express - Chicago Express
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Chicago - Elmira Jackals
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - February 4, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Game Preview: Express at Elmira Tonight - Chicago Express
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Wrap up Road Trip Tonight Against Cyclones - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 4 - ECHL
- 6,170 fans enjoy Thunder rout, fifth consecutive victory - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Fall to Eagles - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.