Mavs Hold off Arizona, 4-3February 3, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Missouri Mavericks Press Release
The Mavericks took an early lead with a pair of power play goals within one minute of each other from John-Scott Dickson. With the two goals, Dickson became the first Mavs player to reach the 20-goal plateau this season. The period ended with both teams combining for eight penalties, totaling 22 minutes.
The second period nearly went scoreless for the entire 20 minutes, until Andrew Courtney collected a loose rebound and put it home for the goal with less than a second remaining on the clock. The Mavs took a 3-0 lead into the third and final period.
In the third period, John-Scott Dickson capped his big night, scoring his third goal of the game, another power play goal, setting the Mavs franchise record for power play goals in a game by a single player. The Sundogs wouldn't go quietly though, scoring three unanswered goals in the final 15 minutes of regulation. The Mavs held off the late comeback, securing their 23rd win of the season, moving to 23-15-4 on the season.
Dickson now has 10 points in four games against Arizona, scoring six goals and recording four assists against the Sundogs in their meetings this season.
The Mavericks wrap up their weekend series with the Sundogs Saturday night at Independence Events Center. The Rapid City Rush come to town on Tuesday night, wrapping up a seven-game home stand for the Mavs before heading to Rapid City on Thursday for two games against the Rush on Thursday and Friday. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale via www.Ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 745-3000. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks call (816) 252-7825 or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com.
Central Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2012
- Wray Continues Incredible Run with Hat Trick in 5-2 Character Win Over First Place IceMen - Rapid City Rush
- Three Goal First Period Launches Thunder to 4-1 Win - Wichita Thunder
- Third Period Surge Not Enough in 3-2 Loss to Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Hold on for a 3-2 Win Over Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Bucks Shut-Out Brahmas Again - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas Drop Second Straight in Laredo - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavs Hold off Arizona, 4-3 - Missouri Mavericks
- Komets Slip Past Mallards 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Killer Bees Fall to First-Place Wichita 4-1 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Late Surge Not Enough as Missouri Tops Arizona, 4-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards' Marino Named Oakley CHL First Star for January - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's Brandon Marino Leads 'Oakley Three Stars' for January - CHL
- Blaze Reach Two-Thirds Mark with Trip to Quad City - Bloomington Blaze
- Gems Announce Return Of Popular "Ladies Night" & Bachelor Auction - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Sign Georgi Petrov to Contract - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Shots from the Point for February 3, 2012 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.