Lavin Signs ATO, Rockford's Home Finale Sold OutApril 9, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rockford IceHogs
The Shrewsbury, Mass. native finished his second season with Notre Dame accumulating 6g-11a-17pts in 44 games in 2010-11.
Prior to skating with the Fighting Irish, the 21 year old appeared in 57 games for the Omaha Lancers of the USHL during the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons, racking up 40 points (12g-28a). Lavin also registered nine points (9a) in 48 games at Providence College in 2007-08 and 2008-09 before transferring to Notre Dame.
Lavin was the Blackhawks fifth round pick (#126 overall) in the 2007 National Hockey League Entry Draft.
Next Home Game: Saturday, April 9 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins. Puck drop is at 7:05 p.m. In the final home game of the season, the IceHogs battle the Grand Rapids Griffins at the MetroCentre. The contest is the sixth and final meeting between the two clubs. Rockford shows a record of 3-2-0-0 against Grand Rapids in â10-11.
ROCKFORD'S HOME FINALE SOLD OUT
Rockford, Ill.- The Rockford IceHogs will take on the Grand Rapids Griffins in the final home game of the 2010-11 season tonight at the sold out Rockford MetroCentre at 7:05 p.m.
The Rockford IceHogs continue to be one of the hottest teams in the AHL after defeating the Lake Erie Monsters last night ending the Monsters franchise record eight-game road winning streak. Since Feb. 25, the IceHogs are 15-5-1-1 and have won eight of their last nine contests.
Tonight's game can be heard on 1330 AM WNTA, 1380 AM ESPN and on-line at www.wnta.com beginning at 6:35 p.m. with the U.S. Cellular Pregame Show. The game can be seen in Rockford on Rockford's My Network TV Channel 17.2 and Comcast and Charter Channel 16 and on the web through www.ahllive.com.
The contest is the sixth and final meeting between the two clubs. Rockford shows a record of 3-2-0-0 against Grand Rapids in â10-11, although the Griffins have won the last two contests.
Last time the two teams clashed, Grand Rapids bested the Hogs 5-3. Defenseman Jassen Cullimore lit the lamp twice that night and had a helper for his first career professional three-point game.
The first 2,500 fans to the game will receive a 2010-11 IceHogs team photo.
Also, the IceHogs will hold a side walk sale located outside Oink Outfitters on the main concourse. All merchandise will be heavily discounted between 40-60% off, available during the game only.
The IceHogs finish the regular season tomorrow afternoon at the Allstate Arena when they face the Chicago Wolves at 3 p.m.
Season Tickets On Sale For 2011-12: It'll be a long summer without IceHogs hockey and season ticket packages for the 2011-12 season are now on sale. To find a ticket package that quenches your hockey thirst, call (815) 847-6399.
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2011
- Second Place And Home Ice Clinched With Win - Lake Erie Monsters
- 2010-11 IceHogs Team Awards Announced - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs Knock Off Griffins 4-2 In Home Finale - Rockford IceHogs
- Bulldogs Defeat Moose 3-1 And Clinch North Division Title - Hamilton Bulldogs
- IceHogs Double up on Griffins, 4-2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers get past Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Admirals Stun Rivermen in Regular Season Finale - Peoria Rivermen
- Admirals Capture West Division Crown - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Buried By Bulldogs 3-1 In Last Regular Season Game - Manitoba Moose
- Barons beat Texas - Texas Stars
- B-Sens Display Playoff Intensity With Loss To Phantoms In Season Finale - Binghamton Senators
- Rampage Fall To Wolves 5-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Nip Norfolk in Home Finale, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Whale to Meet Portland in First-round Calder Cup Playoff Series - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Best Rampage, 5-3 - Chicago Wolves
- Special Teams Doom Admirals in Loss at Syracuse - Norfolk Admirals
- More than 11,000 on hand for 6-2 win; Playoffs begin Thursday in Hershey - Charlotte Checkers
- Shootout Loss Spoils TUC Sendoff - Albany Devils
- Matt Read Scores Game-Winner - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Sink Whale 4-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sharks drop season finale 6-2 in Charlotte - Worcester Sharks
- Pirates to Meet Whale in Opening Round - Portland Pirates
- Pirates Shade Devils, Capture Atlantic Division Title - Portland Pirates
- P-Bruins Defeat Falcons 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Moose Announce Year-End Award Winners - Manitoba Moose
- Ottawa Senators Announce Changes to Coaching Staff - Binghamton Senators
- B-Sens Present 2010-11 Player Awards - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Sign Mike Sgroi to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Marlies Hand Amerks Fourth Straight Loss - Rochester Americans
- Stars Game Sold Out - Texas Stars
- Klingberg Gets the Call from Atlanta - Chicago Wolves
- Lavin Signs ATO, Rockford's Home Finale Sold Out - Rockford IceHogs
- 2011 Calder Cup Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Texas Stars
- Admirals Sign Ben Ryan to ATO - Milwaukee Admirals
- Gameday Preview - Oklahoma City at Texas - Texas Stars
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Falcons Host Bruins in Home Finale - Springfield Falcons
- Senators Recall Forward Cody Bass from Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- B-Sens Single Game Playoff Tickets Set to Go on Sale Monday - Binghamton Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.