Reign Shut Out By Thunder, 5-0February 13, 2010 - ECHL (ECHL) Ontario Reign
Left wing Matt Robinson got Stockton on the board first with a one timer that beat Ontario netminder Curtis Darling 9:42 in the first period. Center Chris D'Alvise and right wing James Bates assisted on the play.
12 minutes into the second period, Stockton took a 2-0 lead when center Oren Eizenman picked up a loose puck in the offensive zone and put the puck past Darling. Right wing Colin Hemingway assisted on the play.
Stockton's right wing Colin Hemingway shot the puck from the left wing circle and netted a power play goal at 16:04 in the second period and gave the Thunder a 3-0 lead.
In the third period, Stockton would increase their lead by two goals. Eizenman scored his 2nd goal of the night and gave the Thunder a 4-0 lead when he beat Curtis Darling glove side at 11:12. Ontario goaltender Curtis Darling was pulled from the game and was replaced by Mike Zacharias.
With only 45 seconds left in the game, Garet Hunt scored a power play goal for Stockton. Forward Mark Palvi and center Oren Eizenman picked up the assists on the final goal of the game, and Stockton won the match with a final score of Thunder 5, Reign 0.
Three stars: 1. STK - A. Perugini 2. STK - O. Eizenman 3. STK - C. Hemingway
Click here to become a member of the Del Taco Raving Fan eClub. Get free food and other insider-only treats - all delivered straight to your inbox!
Don't miss the next Reign home game on Saturday, February 13. The Reign will be facing-off against their Pacific Division rivals, the Stockton Thunder, at 7:00 p.m. Great seats are still available and can be purchased by calling the Reign front office at (909)941-7825 or at ticketmaster.com.
February 20th is Pink at the Rink, sponsored by Toyota of San Bernardino. Our Reign players will be wearing specialty jerseys and playing with pink hockey sticks and both will be auctioned off immediately after the game to benefit the Stater Bros. Charities and the Inland Women Fighting Cancer Charity. The 1st 500 ladies will receive a pink hat compliments of Toyota.
It is also "Rancho Cucamonga Community Night", purchase your tickets through the Reign front office and $1 per ticket will be donated to the the Hearts for Arts Program at the Randall Lewis Family Play House. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (909) 941-PUCK (7825).
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2010
- Steelheads top Utah in shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Chiefs toppled by Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Nailers mount comeback in 3rd but fail - Wheeling Nailers
- Everblades Double Up Stingrays 4-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Checkers lose to Gladiators - Charlotte Checkers
- Dustin Sproat Delivers In Cyclones' 6-2 Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brown, Gladiators Hold Off Checkers 2-1 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Everblades Top Stingrays 4-2 - Florida Everblades
- Toledo's Victory Creates Three-Way Tie for Second Place - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Attendance Record - Toledo Walleye
- Walleye Shut Out Wings 3-0 - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Condors Vs. Vegas Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Charlie Kronschnabel Loaned To Hershey - Reading Royals
- Nailers Host Last Home Game For Three Weeks - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira At Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: Tailgate Saturday Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reign Shut Out By Thunder, 5-0 - Ontario Reign
- Chiefs Clipped By Wings - Johnstown Chiefs
- Another Utah Comeback Leads To 4-3 Shootout Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Erase Three Deficits, But Fall In Overtime To Las Vegas, - Bakersfield Condors
- 7,745 Fans At Stockton Arena Enjoy Perugini's Fourth Career Shutout - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Clip Condors 6-5 In Overtime - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.