Shinnimin To Compete For Team WHL At Subway Super SeriesOctober 29, 2009 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Tri-City Americans
Shinnimin, who is in his second full season with the Americans, currently finds himself atop the Tri-City roster in scoring after notching 10 goals and 24 points in his first 14 games of the season. After collecting 25 points in his rookie season, Shinnimin drew attention this year by totaling four multi-goal and eight multi-point games, including five games of 3+ points to start the season. In 82 career games for Tri-City, the Winnipeg, Manitoba-native has registered 22 goals and 49 points. Shinnimin was originally listed by Tri-City in September of 2006 before he earned a spot on Tri-City's roster for the 2008-09 season.
The 2009 SUBWAY(r) Super Series will take place November 16 - 26 and marks the seventh straight year that teams of CHL All-Stars have competed against Team Russia in preparation for the World Junior Hockey Championships. The SUBWAY(r) Super Series is an integral part of the evaluation process prior to Team Canada's final selection camp in December. This season, Canada will be competing for a record sixth straight gold medal at the 2010 tournament in Saskatoon and Regina, SK.
Team WHL will face Team Russia in games five and six of the series played Wednesday, November 25 in Victoria, BC, and on Thursday, November 26 in Kelowna, BC. The first two games of the series are hosted by the QMJHL with the OHL hosting games three and four.
Team WHL was selected by a special committee of WHL General Managers along with Al Murray, Hockey Canada's Head Scout for the Canadian National Junior Team, as part of the selection process for the 2010 World Junior Hockey Championships.
To see the full roster for Team WHL for the upcoming 2009 SUBWAY Super Series, visit the Western Hockey League's website at www.whl.ca.
Western Hockey League Stories from October 29, 2009
- Cowen And Koper Named To Team WHL - Spokane Chiefs
- Two Oil Kings Will Compete In The Subway Super Series - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Brett Ponich To Play For Team WHL In The 2009 Subway Super Series - Portland Winterhawks
- Two Pats To Play In Subway Super Series - Regina Pats
- Raiders To Wear Special Jerseys For Cancer Awareness Night Tomorrow - Prince Albert Raiders
- WHL This Week: Looking Ahead... - WHL
- Cougars & Hubbell Designer Goldsmiths Announce Player Of The Month - Prince George Cougars
- Myers to stick with Sabres of the NHL - Kelowna Rockets
- Kelowna players named to Team WHL in Subway Super Series - Kelowna Rockets
- Shinnimin To Compete For Team WHL At Subway Super Series - Tri-City Americans
- Brett Connolly To Take Part In 2009 Subway Super Series - Prince George Cougars
- Pair Of Broncos Make Team WHL - Swift Current Broncos
- Ashton Selected For Team WHL - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Blades Send Two To Subway Super Series - Saskatoon Blades
- Team WHL Rosters Announced For Subway Super Series - WHL
- Western Canada Under-16 Challenge Cup Begins Today - WHL
- Wheat Kings Edge The Chiefs - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Open BC Road Trip With 4-1 Loss In Kelowna - Calgary Hitmen
- Everett Takes Down Kootenay, 4-1 - Everett Silvertips
- Gore's 44 Saves Snap Americans Win Streak - Tri-City Americans
- Rockets Defeat Calgary - Kelowna Rockets
- Beach Has Hat Trick, Chiefs Drop Decision - Spokane Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.