Tonight's match upJanuary 8, 2008 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Tulsa Oilers
*Records: *Oilers are 9-17-3 with 21 points in fourth place in the Northwest Division.
Oklahoma City is 14-15-4 for 32 points in third place in the Northwest Division.
*Season Series: *This is the eighth of 12 games between these two teams this season. The Oilers won the first meeting, Oklahoma City then reeled off five straight wins. The Oilers won the most recent meeting, 4-3 in a shootout in Oklahoma City on New Year's Eve. The Oilers record in the series is 2-4-1. Oklahoma City is 5-1-1.
*Recent Action: *The Oilers rallied from a 2-0 deficit Saturday night at Youngstown for a 3-2 shootout victory. Oklahoma City is coming off a 3-2 loss at home to Rocky Mountain on Sunday.
*Streaks Continue: *Lucas Burnett is tied for the league's longest current goal scoring streak at three games...He has five goals in those three games, the most in the league. Jeff Christian has the league's longest current point streak at 13 games with 21 points (5G, 16 A). Christian is the Oilers leading scorer with six goals and 26 assists for 32 points. David Alexandre Beauregard has the second longest current point streak in the CHL at 11 games with 14 points (6G, 8A). He has 16 goals and 12 assists for 28 points this season.
*Welcome Back:* Center Brendon Hodge is expected back in the Oilers line-up tonight after missing 22 games with an injury suffered at Bossier-Shreveport November 8^th .
*Welcome:* Defenseman Adam Blanchette is expected to make his Oilers' debut tonight. The Oilers acquired him from the Rio Grande Killer Bees in exchange for Josh Garbutt. In 30 games this season, Blanchette has no goals, three assists and 60 penalty minutes. In other roster moves, the Oilers waived center Derek Legault and traded defenseman Martin Kubaliak to the Wichita Thunder for future considerations.
*Next Up: *The Oilers play at Teas on Friday at 7:05 p.m. and then will host the Brahmas on Saturday at 7:35 p.m. Oklahoma City hosts Corpus Christi Saturday night.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2008
- Mudbugs Tie Team Record Home Win Streak - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Move Back into First Place with 6-5 Victory - Arizona Sundogs
- Hounds Lose To Bugs - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Thunder edge RiverKings, 4-2 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Andy Franck To Return To Hounds - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rage's Comeback Win Voted CHL Performance of the Week - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Bees Get Beaucoup With Big Snake - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bucks Place Traylen On Injured Reserve - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Announce Broadcast Change, Game to be Broadcast on 105.1 FM The Canyon at 6:35pm - Arizona Sundogs
- Back To School For The Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
- CHL Performance of the Week Winner Announced - CHL
- Brahmas Regroup, Make Trade - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Tonight's match up - Tulsa Oilers
- Stanley Cup to Appear at CHL All-Star Game in Broomfield - Rocky Mountain Rage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.