Weekly ArrowheadNovember 19, 2007 - ECHL (ECHL) Johnstown Chiefs
11/21 vs. Columbia
Wednesday marks the first of two games between the Chiefs and Inferno this year, and the all-time series is tied at 1-1-0. Columbia is led by forwards Jeff Miles and Brad Ralph who have 18 points in 14 games each, while goaltending duties have been split between rookie Jeff Jakaitis, and Todd Ford. The teams will renew acquaintances on December 5 when the Chiefs visit the Carolina Coliseum.
11/23 vs. Wheeling
The Nailers return to the Cambria County War Memorial for the first time since the October 18 opening night contest. Andrew Martens and Mark Tobin scored a goal each in the game for Johnstown as the two teams kicked off the ECHL's 20th anniversary season. The Chiefs lead the all-time series 64-61-15.
11/24 at Wheeling
Johnstown came away from WesBanco arena with an exciting 5-4 overtime victory on its last visit to Wheeling. Ryan Garlock scored the game-winning goal, while Michael Cohen scored two of his own. The Chiefs' victory left Johnstown and Wheeling winless at home during the season series.
With four goals and 11 assists so far this season, Chiefs captain Randy Rowe is closing in on some milestone markers for his tenure in the black and gold. The third-year Chief needs only three goals and five assists to reach 50 in each category, while eight more points in any combination will put Rowe over the century mark.
Day by Day:
Mon. Practice at UPMC Health Plan Ice Rink at the CCWM, 10:00 AM
Tues. Practice at UPMC Health Plan Ice Rink at the CCWM, 10:00 AM
Wed. Chiefs vs. Columbia Inferno, 7:05 PM
Fri. Chiefs vs. Wheeling Nailers, 7:05 PM
Sat. Chiefs at Wheeling Nailers, 7:35 PM
11/16 vs. Dayton Bombers: L 4-5 SO
Ryan Garlock's hat trick wasn't quite enough offense as Dayton went 2-for-7 on the power play and tied the game at 15:27 of the third period on Bobby Chaumont's first goal of the year. A fight broke out after the third period ended, leaving Johnstown shorthanded as Nathan Saunders took an instigator minor. With Rob Drummond and Mike Knight also taking minors in the extra frame the Chiefs fought to kill off about four minutes Dayton power play time, and eventually make it to the shootout. However, Greg Labenski ended the nine-round shootout with a slap shot past Andrew Penner's blocker for the win.
11/17 vs. Trenton Devils: W 5-2
The Chiefs continued to have success against Trenton on Saturday night, taking a 3-0-0 series lead after the 5-2 victory. Jason Spence and Randy Rowe staked Johnstown to a 2-0 lead through the first period, but consecutive goals by Trenton's Andrew Leach and Stephen Wood had the game knotted at 2-2 in the third. Then the Chiefs' offense took over. Jean Desrochers started the onslaught with a power play goal, and then Rob Drummond and Ryan Garlock scored seven seconds apart to set the final.
Outstanding Performance of the Week:
First-year Chiefs forward Ryan Garlock vaulted to the top of the team goal scoring list with four goals in two games. Garlock's hat trick on Friday was the first of the season for the Chiefs, and the first since Jean Desrochers' against Reading in the final game of the 2006-07 season. Garlock's sixth goal of the year on Saturday against Trenton gave the Chiefs their widest margin of victory this year (3).
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2007
- Royals Goaltender Jon Quick Recalled To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Hit Road For California - Utah Grizzlies
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Charlotte Checkers Weekly - Charlotte Checkers
- Nailers Weekly - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Victoria Salmon Kings This Week - Victoria Salmon Kings
- North Division Heating Up With Cincinnati In First - ECHL
- Texas retains top spot in South Division with three points in weekend series - Texas Wildcatters
- Marlies recall trio of defensemen - Columbia Inferno
- Wranglers Sweep Condors, Win Sixth Straight - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Augusta Lynx Weekly - Augusta Lynx
- 'Blades see two get called up to AHL - Florida Everblades
- One and Done - Reading Royals
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Ice Pilots Sign Veteran Forward Kalmikov - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings Look To Turn Up Volume - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Falcons weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Stingrays weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Run Unbeaten Streak To Six Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Falcons to hold karaoke contest, collect coats for kids - Fresno Falcons
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Awe Called up to Houston; Gladiators Sign Dobek - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Florida Rides Power Play to 4-2 Win Over Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Score In Third To Beat Dayton 5-4 - Dayton Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.