Inferno WeeklyNovember 19, 2007 - ECHL (ECHL) Columbia Inferno
Weekly Record: 2-1-1
Overall Record: 6-6-2
Tuesday, November 13
COLUMBIA 4 - Florida 3
Patrick Wellar scored two goals and Peter Tsimikalis and Marc Cavosie each added a goal as the Inferno beat the Florida Everblades. Jeff Miles and Reid Cashman each added two assists. Jeff Jakaitis stopped 40 of 43 shots on goal, earning him the win and third star of the night. The Inferno went 1-for-5 on the power play.
Thursday, November 15
CHARLOTTE 3 - Columbia 2 (SO)
Mac Faulkner scored both goals for the Inferno as they gained a point in a shootout lose against the Checkers. Jeff Jakaitis stopped 27 of 29 shots on goal.
Friday, November 16
AUGUSTA 7 - Columbia 4
Brad Ralph recorded two goals and Todd Perry and Peter Tsimikalis each scored for the Inferno. Jeff Jakaitis stopped 28 of 35 shots on goals. The Inferno went 2-for-7 on the power play.
Saturday, November 17
COLUMBIA 5 - Augusta 1
Brad Ralph netted two goals and two assists to lead the Inferno over the Lynx 5-1. Owen Fussey scored one goal and two assists and newcomer Liam Huculak scored one goal and one assist. Daniel Sparre had the other goal for the Inferno. Todd Ford stopped 30 of 31 shots on goal to earn his fourth win of the season (4-2-1).
THE WEEK THAT WILL BE:
Wednesday, November 21, 7:05pm
Inferno @ Johnstown Chiefs
Cambria County War Memorial
This is the first of two meetings between the Inferno and Chiefs. The Inferno are 1-1-0 against the Chiefs all-time. Johnstown is currently tied for fourth place in the North Division with 13 points (6-5-1).
Friday, November 23, 7:05pm
Inferno @ Reading Royals
The Reading Royals are tied for second place in the North Division with 17 points (8-5-1). This is the second time in franchise history the Inferno will face the Royals. Columbia is 1-0-0 against Reading all-time. This is the only game this season between these two teams.
Saturday, November 24, 7:00pm
Inferno @ Trenton Devils
Sovereign Bank Arena
This is the first time the Inferno has traveled to Trenton in franchise history. The Inferno are 1-2-0 all-time against the Devils. Trenton is in last place in the North Division with eight points (4-9-0).
Sunday, November 25, 4:05pm
Inferno @ Elmira Jackals
Elmira is tied for second place with 17 points (8-5-1) in the North Division. This is the first ever meeting between the Inferno and Elmira. This game will end the northern swing for the Inferno this season.
TRANSACTIONS LAST WEEK:
Delete Jeremy Hall, placed on 7-day IR 11/13
Delete Todd Ford, recalled to Toronto Marlies 11/13
Delete Mac Faulkner, placed on 3-day IR 11/13
Add B.J. Stephens, signed contract 11/13
Add Reid Cashman, assigned by Toronto 11/13
Add Todd Ford, assigned by Toronto 11/15
Delete Reid Cashman, recalled to Toronto Marlies 11/16
Add Steve McJannet, activated off IR 11/16
Add Mac Faulkner, activated off IR 11/16
Delete Marc Cavosie, placed on 3-day IR 11/17
Add Liam Huculak, traded from Idaho 11/17
Delete Phil Oreskovic, recalled to Toronto 11/18
HOTTER THAN BLAZES:
Todd Perry has three points (1g-2a) in his last three games...Phil Oreskovic has an assist in each of his last two games...Mac Faulkner has three points (2g-1a) in his last three games...Owen Fussey has four points (1g-3a) in his last three games...Brad Ralph has six points (4g-2a) in his last two games...Ralph and Jeff Miles are ranked among the top 10 ECHL scorers leading the Inferno with 18 points...Phil Oreskovic is tied among ECHL scorers in +/- with +12.
The Inferno players and staff would like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!
SEASON TICKET HOLDERS: Don't forget to purchase your chuck-a-pucks for a chance to win a $25.00 merchandise gift certificate or you may choose the four suite tickets to the next game.
Check out the new line of merchandise the Inferno is offering this season. It includes camo Inferno hats, Toronto blue fleece jackets, and many other items for sale.
Saturday, December 1st - WMHK Teddy Bear Toss
Fans bring a new teddy bear to be thrown onto the ice after the Inferno score their first goal. All bears are kept in the Midlands area given to children in need.
BY THE NUMBERS:
Record: 6-6-2, 14 points, sixth place in South Division
Most Goals: Brad Ralph (10)
Assists: Jeff Miles (10)
Leading Scorer: Brad Ralph (10g-8a), Jeff Miles (8g-10a)
Power Play: 11 of 94 (11.7%), 24th in ECHL
Power Play Goals: Brad Ralph (4)
Penalty Kill: 71 of 85 (83.5%), 12th in ECHL
Shorthanded Goals: Owen Fussey (1)
Game Winning Goals: Daniel Sparre (2)
Penalty Minutes: Tyson Marsh & Todd Perry (23)
Goaltending: Jeff Jakaitis, 4-2-1, 3.79 GAA, .872 save percentage
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2007
- Royals Goaltender Jon Quick Recalled To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Hit Road For California - Utah Grizzlies
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Charlotte Checkers Weekly - Charlotte Checkers
- Nailers Weekly - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Victoria Salmon Kings This Week - Victoria Salmon Kings
- North Division Heating Up With Cincinnati In First - ECHL
- Texas retains top spot in South Division with three points in weekend series - Texas Wildcatters
- Marlies recall trio of defensemen - Columbia Inferno
- Wranglers Sweep Condors, Win Sixth Straight - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Augusta Lynx Weekly - Augusta Lynx
- 'Blades see two get called up to AHL - Florida Everblades
- One and Done - Reading Royals
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Ice Pilots Sign Veteran Forward Kalmikov - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings Look To Turn Up Volume - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Falcons weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Stingrays weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Run Unbeaten Streak To Six Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Falcons to hold karaoke contest, collect coats for kids - Fresno Falcons
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Awe Called up to Houston; Gladiators Sign Dobek - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Florida Rides Power Play to 4-2 Win Over Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Score In Third To Beat Dayton 5-4 - Dayton Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.