Yard Goats Close out Season with Victory
Hartford, CT - The Yard Goats scored runs in each of the first four innings, and defeated the Sea Dogs by the score of 5-2 in front of a capacity crowd of 6,850 on Sunday afternoon at Dunkin' Donuts Park in Hartford. Micah Kaczor fired five scoreless innings in relief to earn the win in his Double-A debut. Sean Bouchard cranked a solo home run, his 14th of the season, and Coco Montes had two hits, including his 37th double which tied a franchise record (Dillon Thomas 2016), as the Yard Goats closed out the season with a victory.
The Yard Goats scored the first run of the game in the first inning off Sea Dogs starter Victor Santos. Coco Montes cracked a two-out double and Michael Toglia followed with a double down the right field line, scoring Montes and giving Hartford a 1-0 lead. The Yard Goats added a run in the second inning after a two-out single by Jose Gomez and a throwing error allowed Max George to score, making it 2-0.
The Sea Dogs scored a run in the third inning as Triston Casas singled home Pedro Castellanos, who had tripled earlier that inning, to make it 2-1. Hartford came right back in the bottom of the inning. Sean Bouchard smashed a solo home run into the left field seats, giving the Yard Goats a 3-1 advantage. It was Bouchard's 14th homer of the season. Portland answered with Hudson Potts belting a solo homer to make it 3-2 in the fourth.
The Yard Goats added a run in the bottom of the fourth inning with another two-out rally. Max George singled and stole second base, and Jose Gomez followed with an RBI single to make it 4-2 Hartford. Yard Goats starter Ian Clarkin pitched the first four innings, allowing two runs on five hits. Micah Kaczor entered in the fifth inning, and retired 14 of 16 batters faced, while yielding just a walk and a single and earned the win.
Coco Montes, Max George and Jose Gomez all had two hits in the Yard Goats win.
Hartford 5, Portland 2
WP- Micah Kaczor (1-0)
LP- Victor Santos (5-3)
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Northeast League message board...
Double-A Northeast League Stories from September 19, 2021
- Crouse Stellar as R-Phils Win Season Finale - Reading Fightin Phils
- Ponies Blanked by Fightins in Season Finale - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Yard Goats Close out Season with Victory - Hartford Yard Goats
- Ducks Rally to Knock out Patriots, 5-4, Earn Championship Berth - Akron RubberDucks
- Baysox Punch Ticket to Double-A Northeast League Finals - Bowie Baysox
- Patriots Season Ends in Crushing 5-4 Loss - Somerset Patriots
- Altoona Drops Season Finale on Late Bowie Rally - Altoona Curve
- Fisher Cats End Season on Three-Game Winning Streak - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Ninth-Inning Surge Pushes Squirrels to Win in Season Finale - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Fall in Season Finale to Yard Goats - Portland Sea Dogs
- Navigato Blasts Ninth Inning Home Run in Season Finale - Erie SeaWolves
- September 19, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Game Information - Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.