Yard Goats Bested by Baysox
June 3, 2021 - Eastern League (EL) - Hartford Yard Goats News Release
Hartford, CT - Bowie starting pitcher Ofelky Peralta fired five scoreless innings and reliever Cody Sedlock worked the final four frames as the Baysox defeated the Hartford Yard Goats 4-0 on Thursday night at Dunkin' Donuts Park in Hartford. The Orioles affiliate scored twice in the fourth inning, and added a two-run homer by outfielder Terrin Vavra in the seventh inning, as the Baysox extended their winning streak to seven consecutive games. Hartford starter Garrett Schilling pitched well and had a quality start, going six innings and allowing just two runs on five hits with five strikeouts but was denied his second straight win.
The Baysox scored a pair of runs in the fourth inning to take a 2-0 lead. Third baseman Patrick Dorrian started the rally with a double off the left field fence, a play in which Yard Goats left fielder Jimmy Herron was injured on, as he tried to make the play and slammed into the wall. Herron left the game. The next batter, DH J.C. Escarra singled in Dorrian to give Bowie a 1-0 lead. Later in the inning, shortstop Cayden Grenier came up with a two-out single and catcher Chris Hudgins scored making it 2-0 Baysox.
Hartford managed only three singles off Bowie starter Ofelky Peralta in five innings. The right-hander retired the leadoff batter in four of five innings and allowed multiple baserunners in an inning just once. The Yard Goats did have baserunners in the final four innings, as reliever Cody Sedlock walked four batters and allowed a hit. However, Hartford could not push across any runs.
Bowie added to its lead in the seventh inning when Tarrin Vavra blasted a two run homer into the right field upper deck, his fourth homer of the season, making it 4-0 Baysox.
The Yard Goats continue their six-game series on Friday night (7:05 PM) against the Bowie Baysox at Dunkin' Donuts Park. RHP Will Gaddis will start for the Yard Goats while RHP Mike Baumann will pitch for Bowie. Tickets are available and the game will be broadcast on AM 1410 WPOP and FM 100.9 FM and newsradio1410.iheart.com.
Bowie 4, Hartford 0
WP- Ofelky Peralta (2-0)
LP- Garrett Schilling (1-2)
S- Cody Sedlock (1)
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 3, 2021
- Pabst, Stafford Lead Late-Inning Victory in Richmond - Altoona Curve
- Peralta, Sedlock Shut Out Hartford In 4-0 Win - Bowie Baysox
- Yard Goats Bested by Baysox - Hartford Yard Goats
- Squirrels Drop Third Straight against Curve - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Scattered Hits Fail to Plate a Run in Senators Setback - Harrisburg Senators
- Austin Martin Hits First Career HR in 9-3 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Blank Senators, 7-0 - Portland Sea Dogs
- RubberDucks vs. SeaWolves June 3rd Game Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Akron RubberDucks
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Akron RubberDucks - Game Information - Erie SeaWolves
- June 3, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Offering Vaccinations to Fans Attending June 10th Game - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.