Yard Dawgz Announce 2008 Assistant Coaches
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz Head Coach President/Gary Reasons has finalized his Yard Dawgz coaching staff as the franchise gets set to make a run for the 2008 ArenaCup Championship. Joining Reasons on the sidelines in 2008 will be Offensive Coordinator Rusty Stone, Defensive Backs Coach Jeff Hunt, and Line Coach Charles Edmunds.
"I am extremely pleased to have each of these coaches with the Yard Dawgz this season. All are experienced coaches that will each provide outstanding guidance to our players." Reasons remarked.
Stone served on Reasons first Yard Dawgz coaching staff as an offensive assistant during the Yard Dawgz inaugural 2004 season and prior to that was an assistant coach for the now-defunct Oklahoma Wranglers AFL franchise in 2000. In additional to his role on the field, Coach Stone also serves as the Yard Dawgz Director of Player Personnel. Stone is also the current Head Coach for Destiny Christian School in Del City. Stone spent the fall of 2000 at the Maine Maritime Academy (NCAA div. III) as the Offensive Coordinator and Quarterback/Wide Receiver Coach. His coaching debut came as the Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator for the Oklahoma BadBoyz in 1995 where he coached for five seasons (1995-1999). During that time, the franchise won three league championships and boasted 14 semipro All-Americans.
Jeff Hunt coached with the St. Louis River City Rage of the United Indoor Football League for two seasons (2005-2006) during which his defense tallied over 60 interceptions. Hunt is described by former co-workers as a motivational coach that "believes hard work, dedication, and commitment are the keys to success." He was a defensive back at Triton College in Chicago, IL, for two seasons (1983-1984) and went on to play minor league football for six years. Hunt was also invited to tryout for the Dallas Cowboys and St. Louis Rams of the National Football League.
Charles Edmunds has spent the last 15 years coaching a variety of football teams. Most recently, Edmunds was with the Continental Indoor Football League's Springfield Stallions and United Indoor Football League's River City Rage. Prior to joining the Rage, Edmunds was with the Show Me Believers, Team USA All-Stars, and Pittsburg Outlaws.
Call 405.228.3294 or visit www.okcyarddawgz.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 6, 2008
- "TUI" Returns to Renegades - Lubbock Renegades
- Fire Player Covers Field from A-Z - Louisville Fire
- Boise Burn Set To Open 2008 Training Camp - Boise Burn
- Vipers Name New Voice - Alabama Vipers
- af2 training camps set to open this weekend - af2
- Two More Veterans to Join the Talons - Tulsa Talons
- Thunder Training Camp Set to Open - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Former Oakland Raider Returns To The Talons - Tulsa Talons
- Wildcats Announce Next Dance Team Tryout - South Georgia Wildcats
- Veteran Receiver to Rejoin Fire - Louisville Fire
- Top Receiver Assigned to Fire - Louisville Fire
- Yard Dawgz Announce 2008 Assistant Coaches - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.