"TUI" Returns to Renegades
LUBBOCK, TX: March 5, 2008 - The arenafootball2's (af2) Lubbock Renegades welcome a returning member from last season's inaugural squad, as the af2 assigned lineman Shalom Tuimalealiifano to the team.
"It is great to have Shalom return to our team," said Renegades Head Coach Rodney Blackshear. "He is a solid veteran that we expect have an All-Arena type season."
Tuimalealiifano (two-e-mahlah-all-e-fawna) returns to Lubbock after splitting last season in the af2 with the Renegades and the Youngstown, Ohio based Mahoning Valley Thunder. He began last season with the Thunder and recorded 15 tackles (12 solo), including six tackles-for-a-loss and five sacks, in eight games before being involved in a trade with the Renegades. The Renegades acquired Tuimalealiifano for Marcus Walker and "Tui" appeared in seven games with the Renegades and registered 13.5 tackles, which included three tackles-for-a-loss and a sack. The 6'5" 285-pound lineman from Waipahu, Hawaii played collegiately at Cerritos College, College of the Canyons and Minnesota State-Mankato prior to turning pro. He also attended West Texas A&M, but did not play football.
The assignment of "Tui" places the Renegades roster with 26 players announced for 2008, as they join Marquis Belton (WR), Jake Bauer (K), Jerome Braziel (DB), LeJuan Edwards (WR/DB), Joseph Harris (WR), Lorenzo Hoffman (WR), Chad Jackson (WR/DB), Marquis Johnson (WR), Xavier Lawson-Kennedy (OL/DL), Orlando Medlock (FB/LB), Anthony Moore (FB/LB) Wali Mumin (DB), Alex Otoo (DB), Elliot Powell (DB), Ronald Redmond (OL/DL), Justin Robinson (DB), Ty Rogers (OL/DL), Moqut Ruffins (OL/DL), Ty Sellers (QB), Victor Smith (WR/DB), Brandon Sparrow (WR/DB), Larico Stevenson (WR/DB), Marcus Walker (WR/DB), Fred Weinke (FB/LB), and Corey White (DB). Media members looking to interview Blackshear or seeking additional information in regards to Tuimalealiifano may contact Chris Due at 806-744-5858.
The Renegades are now preparing for the 2008 season and their second in the af2. Season ticket and corporate sponsorship information for the 2008 season is available by contacting the Renegades office at (806) 744-5858. Lubbock kicks off their second season on April 5th in Austin before hosting Oklahoma City for their home opener on April 12th at City Bank Coliseum. Additional Renegades info can be found online via their official site at www.lubbockrenegades.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 6, 2008
- "TUI" Returns to Renegades - Lubbock Renegades
- Fire Player Covers Field from A-Z - Louisville Fire
- Boise Burn Set To Open 2008 Training Camp - Boise Burn
- Vipers Name New Voice - Alabama Vipers
- af2 training camps set to open this weekend - af2
- Two More Veterans to Join the Talons - Tulsa Talons
- Thunder Training Camp Set to Open - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Former Oakland Raider Returns To The Talons - Tulsa Talons
- Wildcats Announce Next Dance Team Tryout - South Georgia Wildcats
- Veteran Receiver to Rejoin Fire - Louisville Fire
- Top Receiver Assigned to Fire - Louisville Fire
- Yard Dawgz Announce 2008 Assistant Coaches - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.