Veteran Receiver to Rejoin Fire
Louisville, KY-The Louisville Fire Arena Football team was assigned wide receiver Gordon Miles (5'8, 180 lbs., Kentucky State University) and offensive line Fremon Cook (6'2, 330 lbs., Lane College).
Miles saw action in eight games during the 2007 Fire season. He recorded 19 receptions, 147 yards, and two touchdowns receiving. He added another 29 yards and a touchdown on six rushing attempts.
"Gordon [Miles] was a good player last season with us," stated Assistant Head Coach and Director of Player Personnel George Eskridge. "He's a guy with the ability to help stretch the field with his speed and quickness."
Fremon Cook was an offensive lineman at Lane College, from 2003-2005, and Lambuth College, from 2005-2006. In 2006 he was named to the Second Team West Division All-Mid South Conference. In 2007 he played for the Katy Ruff Riders.
"Fremon [Cook] is a physical 2-way lineman that has experience in indoor football," answered Eskridge when asked about Cook's ability.
The Louisville Fire will kickoff the 2008 season against the Iowa Barnstormers on March 29. Season tickets for the 2008 Fire season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 502.368.0009 today. Season ticket packages begin at $72.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 6, 2008
- "TUI" Returns to Renegades - Lubbock Renegades
- Fire Player Covers Field from A-Z - Louisville Fire
- Boise Burn Set To Open 2008 Training Camp - Boise Burn
- Vipers Name New Voice - Alabama Vipers
- af2 training camps set to open this weekend - af2
- Two More Veterans to Join the Talons - Tulsa Talons
- Thunder Training Camp Set to Open - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Former Oakland Raider Returns To The Talons - Tulsa Talons
- Wildcats Announce Next Dance Team Tryout - South Georgia Wildcats
- Veteran Receiver to Rejoin Fire - Louisville Fire
- Top Receiver Assigned to Fire - Louisville Fire
- Yard Dawgz Announce 2008 Assistant Coaches - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.