Two More Veterans to Join the Talons
The af2 League Office has officially assigned LB Michael Shack and DB Oliver Fletcher to the Tulsa Talons for the 2008 Season. Both continue their pro careers with the ArenaCup Champions for a third season.
Michael Shack, (6-2, 290) played in 14 of the 16 regular season games in 07, recording 23 tackles (18 solo), scoring 32 points, and rushed for 63 yards. Shack started the 2008 AFL season as a member of the Grand Rapids Rampage. Before gaining arena experience, Shack played college ball at Arkansas-Pine Bluff, where he was nominated for the All-American Bowl as a linebacker, and was a pre-season All-SWAC selection his sophomore year.
"We are very excited about Shack resigning with the team. He is a guy who could play just about any position for us on either side of the ball. His experience and athletic ability will be a great asset for us this season," said Head Coach Mitch Allner.
Oliver Fletcher, (6-0, 175) came to the Talons mid-season last year from the OKC Yard Dawgz. He played two years with OKC, recording 76 solo tackles, and 16 pass breakups. As a Talon, he garnered 12.5 total tackles (12 solo), and 1 interception. "Oliver was a real asset to our team at the end of the season last year. He plays with the intensity that I like in my players. I'm looking forward to working with him again in '08," said Head Coach Mitch Allner.
Playing for the University of Tulsa, Fletcher was the team-leader with 4 interceptions for 97 yards, and was ranked 2nd in the WAC in interceptions in 2003. He had 93 tackles, 8 pass breakups and 4 interceptions during his career at TU.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 6, 2008
- "TUI" Returns to Renegades - Lubbock Renegades
- Fire Player Covers Field from A-Z - Louisville Fire
- Boise Burn Set To Open 2008 Training Camp - Boise Burn
- Vipers Name New Voice - Alabama Vipers
- af2 training camps set to open this weekend - af2
- Two More Veterans to Join the Talons - Tulsa Talons
- Thunder Training Camp Set to Open - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Former Oakland Raider Returns To The Talons - Tulsa Talons
- Wildcats Announce Next Dance Team Tryout - South Georgia Wildcats
- Veteran Receiver to Rejoin Fire - Louisville Fire
- Top Receiver Assigned to Fire - Louisville Fire
- Yard Dawgz Announce 2008 Assistant Coaches - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.