Neal Wins Another Weekly Honor
Talons DB J.C. Neal has won an AFL weekly honor for the second consecutive week. After winning the defensive player of the week and MVP of the week with an outstanding performance against the Utah Blaze, Neal has now won the Spalding Highlight of the Week after his interception for a touchdown against the Philadelphia Soul this past weekend.
Neal (6-0, 200, North Carolina State) caught his third interception for a touchdown this season in the 48-42 win over Philadelphia. The interception for a touchdown was his third in back-to-back games. With seven minutes left in the second half, Neal scored the first points of the quarter with a 50-yard interception return, putting the Talons up 13-7. Neal totaled two interceptions and a team-leading 6.5 tackles against the Soul. Neal ranks eighth in the League in tackles with 76.5 this season.
Talons return home this Saturday to take on the Dallas Vigilantes at 7pm at the BOK Center. Contact the Talons office at 294-1000 to get your tickets.
The Talons will once again play all home games at one of the best arenas in the country, the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa. Since the opening in September of 2008, the BOK Center has garnered national and worldwide recognition most recently being ranked 5th in the U.S. and 14th in the world for ticket sales in the 3rd quarter of 2009.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from June 22, 2011
- Week 16 Game Notes - Command Vs. Blaze - Kansas City Command
- Shock Add Hedin to Roster - Spokane Shock
- AFL Projecting One-Millionth Fan this Weekend - AFL
- Sharks Stay in Top Spot for Eighth Consecutive Week - AFL
- Joe Albi Classic Time Changed - Spokane Shock
- Rattlers Head East to Take on Soul - Arizona Rattlers
- Fans to Vote on Candidates for the 2011 Hall of Fame Class - AFL
- Neal Wins Another Weekly Honor - Tulsa Talons
- Philadelphia Soul Announce 'Irish Night' - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.