WS Dash Announce Cancellation of 2020 Season
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Minor League Baseball issued a statement today regarding the cancellation of the 2020 Minor League season. The Winston-Salem Dash, whose season typically runs from April to September will not take the field until April of 2021.
The Dash entertains nearly 300,000 baseball fans and welcomes 100,000 additional guests for non- gameday events annually. The organization led all thirty Class A Advanced Baseball teams in attendance once again in 2019. The team announced on June 18 that their facility will has been renamed as Truist Stadium.
"As we prepared for our 11th season and could barely suppress our excitement about the reopening of Salem Parkway, the world as we know it changed. Many industries have been devasted by this terrible pandemic, and Minor League Baseball is no exception," Winston-Salem Dash Team President, C.J. Johnson said. "I can't express how much I miss our ballpark serving as a safe, fun place for our community to come together and how much I miss the smiles as guests come into and out of our ballpark.
"Rest assured, those days will return, and we will all appreciate those experiences more than ever," Johnson said. "We are grateful for the support our community has shown for Dash baseball in this difficult time and are committed to having twice as much fun in 2021."
The Dash has been in communication with season ticket members, group leaders, vendors, corporate partners and gameday staff since the start of the season was postponed. The team will reach out to all stakeholders again this week to discuss the cancellation of the season and to begin preparations for 2021.
The Winston-Salem Dash are the Class A-Advanced Minor League affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. For more information, please call 336-714-2287 or visit www.wsdash.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from June 30, 2020
- 2020 Blue Rocks Season Canceled - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Wilmington Blue Rocks 2020 Season Cancellation FAQs - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Woodpeckers 2020 Season Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Pandemic - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- WS Dash Announce Cancellation of 2020 Season - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hillcats 2020 Season Officially Canceled - Lynchburg Hillcats
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- 2020 Salem Red Sox Season Officially Cancelled - Salem Red Sox
- 2020 MiLB Season Shelved - Frederick Keys
- Fredericksburg Nationals to Host FredNats 4th of July Spectacular - Fredericksburg Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.