Woodpeckers 2020 Season Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - The Fayetteville Woodpeckers 2020 Carolina League campaign has been officially cancelled as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Minor League Baseball announced today.
"We support Minor League Baseball's decision to cancel the 2020 season," said Dan O'Neill, Senior Director of Business Operations for the Houston Astros. "We remain committed to the safety of our community and the fans. Fayetteville's enthusiasm for baseball was evident in 2019 with nearly 300,000 guests who came to Segra Stadium and supported the Woodpeckers. I want to thank our loyal fanbase, season ticket holders and partners for supporting us and being patient during this challenging time. We look forward to hosting non-baseball events in 2020 as allowed by the state and local government and plan on being ready to play baseball in 2021."
Our ticket exchange policies are below and can be found on our website at www.fayettevillewoodpeckers.com.
Single Game Tickets & 12 & 8 Game Plans
Due to the cancelled season, 2020 single game ticket buyers who paid with a credit card will receive a refund on the card they used within 5-7 business days from today. For individuals who paid with cash, please contact our Box Office Manager at [email protected]
12 and 8-game ticket package holders have the option to apply their ticket cost to the 2021 campaign. 12-game package holders who roll their credit over to 2021 will receive six (6) additional flex ticket vouchers credited to their account, while 8-game package holders will receive four (4) additional flex vouchers. The additional vouchers may be used for any 2021 game, Monday - Thursday (excludes possible blackout dates).
Additionally, 12 and 8-game package holders who take advantage of the rollover program will have access to a 2021 presale opportunity, ensuring their credit will be applied to preferred seat locations at the games of their choice.
Email [email protected] with questions on how to apply your 2020 credit.
Groups & Hospitality
Fans who booked group outings and hospitality spaces for this season may apply their credit to a 2020 special event or any 2021 offering, such as hospitality areas and group nights.
Rollover adopters will have booking priority for 2021 events, as well as a 20% discount in The Birds' Nest Team Store on their newly selected date.
Season Ticket Holders
In an effort to serve our Season Ticket Holders, we've created a tiered loyalty program that offers exclusive benefits and experiences for those who apply their season ticket cost to the 2021 season. The loyalty program can be found on our website.
Images from this story
A crowd at Segra Stadium, home of the Fayetteville Woodpeckers
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from June 30, 2020
- 2020 Blue Rocks Season Canceled - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Wilmington Blue Rocks 2020 Season Cancellation FAQs - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Woodpeckers 2020 Season Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Pandemic - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- WS Dash Announce Cancellation of 2020 Season - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hillcats 2020 Season Officially Canceled - Lynchburg Hillcats
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- 2020 Salem Red Sox Season Officially Cancelled - Salem Red Sox
- 2020 MiLB Season Shelved - Frederick Keys
- Fredericksburg Nationals to Host FredNats 4th of July Spectacular - Fredericksburg Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fayetteville Woodpeckers Stories
- Woodpeckers 2020 Season Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Segra Stadium to Host Community Chicken Sale
- Woodpeckers Raise $2,790 for Second Harvest Food Bank Through CommUNITY First Initiative
- Team President Mark Zarthar to Leave Woodpeckers, Accepts Position with Philadelphia Flyers as Senior Vice President, Marketing
- Woodpeckers Join MiLB's CommUNITY First Campaign