2020 MiLB Season Shelved
FREDERICK, MD - Major League Baseball (MLB) has informed Minor League Baseball (MiLB) that it will not be providing its affiliated Minor League teams with players for the 2020 season. As a result, there will not be a Minor League Baseball season in 2020.
The Keys' season was originally slated to begin on April 9 against the Fayetteville Woodpeckers, but was delayed as the Keys and all 160 Minor League Baseball clubs awaited word from Major League Baseball relative to the status of the season. On June 23, 2020 Major League Baseball announced that its season would begin on July 22, without fans in attendance for the entirety of the regular season schedule.
"We know this community shares our vast disappointment in learning that we will not be playing baseball this season," said Dave Ziedelis, Keys General Manager. "We want to thank fans, corporate partners, Suite Holders, Season Ticket Holders, and employees for their incredible patience and support during this difficult time. We now turn our focus to 2021 and the hopes of playing a full season next year."
Keys Corporate Partners, Suite Holders, Season Ticket and Mini Plan Holders, Group and Hospitality customers will be contacted directly by their Frederick Keys account representatives.
The Frederick Keys are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, and play their home games at Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium. For the last nine seasons, the Keys have finished in the top two in the league in attendance and have entertained more than 9 million fans since the organization was founded in 1989. Over the last two seasons, the Keys have been recognized by the Carolina League with the Matt Minker Award for Community Service and John H. Johnson's Presidents Award. For more information about the Frederick Keys please contact Maci Hill by phone at (301)-815-9902 or by emailing at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from June 30, 2020
- 2020 Blue Rocks Season Canceled - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Wilmington Blue Rocks 2020 Season Cancellation FAQs - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Woodpeckers 2020 Season Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Pandemic - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- WS Dash Announce Cancellation of 2020 Season - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hillcats 2020 Season Officially Canceled - Lynchburg Hillcats
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- 2020 Salem Red Sox Season Officially Cancelled - Salem Red Sox
- 2020 MiLB Season Shelved - Frederick Keys
- Fredericksburg Nationals to Host FredNats 4th of July Spectacular - Fredericksburg Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.