Wranglers' Dane Krager named to All-Ironman team
AUSTIN-The Arena Football League announced today that Wranglers fullback/linebacker Dane Krager was named to the All-Ironman team.
Krager (6-2, 244, Angelo State), a local product from Leander, anchored a highly talented fullback/linebacker position area for the Wranglers. A third-year player, Krager led the Arena Football League in rushing with 197 yards, finishing 19 yards ahead of the next closest player and 29 yards ahead of the closest fullback/linebacker. Defensively, Krager added 2.0 sacks on the season to accompany 27.0 tackles and two fumble recoveries.
"We are proud of Dane's accomplishments and we are privileged to have watched him develop over the past three seasons," said Wranglers Head Coach Skip Foster. "Dane has been a huge part of our foundation as an organization and he is a first class player on and off the field who has the ability to have a long and successful AFL career."
Krager, who had an all-arena type season, set new team and career marks in rushing attempts (59), yards (197) and touchdowns (12) this year. He had two, three touchdown performances in week two at Arizona and week 16 at Orlando. As a team, the Wranglers finished third all-time with 43 rushing touchdowns this season. His sack total for 2006 is also a new career-high and ranked second on the team.
Following is the complete list of the 2006 All-Ironman Team:
2006 ALL-IRONMAN TEAM
POSITION PLAYER, TEAM
Fullback/Linebacker Frank Carter, Nashville
Fullback/Linebacker Dane Krager, Austin
Fullback/Linebacker Duke Pettijohn, Dallas
Offensive/Defensive Lineman Hugh Hunter, Colorado
Offensive/Defensive Lineman Kyle Moore-Brown, Colorado
Offensive/Defensive Lineman Hans Olsen, Utah
Wide Receiver/Defensive Back Mike Brown, Philadelphia
Wide Receiver/Defensive Back Randy Gatewood, Arizona
Wide Receiver/Defensive Back Timon Marshall, Grand Rapids
Wide Receiver/Defensive Back Will Pettis, Dallas
Wide Receiver/Linebacker DeJuan Alfonzo, Chicago
Wide Receiver/Linebacker Mike Horacek, New York
Wide Receiver/Linebacker Derek Lee, Georgia
Wide Receiver/Linebacker Willis Marshall, Colorado
Remaining 2006 AFL Award Announcements:
Monday, May 22 - Kicker of the Year
Tuesday, May 23 - Lineman of the Year
Wednesday, May 24 - Rookie of the Year
Thursday, May 25 - Coach of the Year
Tuesday, May 30 - ADT Defensive Player of the Year Wednesday, May 31 - Offensive Player of the Year Thursday, June 1 - U.S. Army Ironman of the Year Wednesday, June 7 - Al Lucas Hero Award Winner
The Austin Wranglers (10-6) host the Philadelphia Soul (9-7) in a playoff game presented by AT&T on Sunday, May 21 at 2 p.m. at the Frank Erwin Center. Wranglers playoff tickets are available by calling 512.339.3939 or at the Wranglers Box Office (2209 W. Braker Lane), Texas Box Office and all H.E.B ticketing locations.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from May 18, 2006
- Wranglers playoff game this Sunday - Austin Wranglers
- SaberCats announce date for first playoff game - San Jose SaberCats
- AFL wild card weekend quick hitters - AFL I
- AFL wild card must-see matchups - AFL I
- Colorado Crush playoff game set for May 28 - Colorado Crush
- Soul WR/DB Mike Brown named to All-Arena Ironman Team - Philadelphia Soul
- Third Eye Blind to headline ArenaBowl XX - AFL I
- Titans' 2006 Rookie Class Featured At Kats Game - Nashville Kats
- Force WR/LB Derek Lee named to AFL All-Ironman Team - Georgia Force
- Wranglers' Dane Krager named to All-Ironman team - Austin Wranglers
- Blaze re-sign Tom Pace, Steve Videtich - Utah Blaze
- Rampage's Timon Marshall named to AFL U.S. Army All-Ironman team - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Dallas Desperados and Will McClay Agree to Contract Extension - Dallas Desperados
- Gatewood Named to AFL "All-Ironman Team" - Arizona Rattlers
- Gladiators announce team awards - Las Vegas Gladiators
- Hans Olsen named to All-Ironman team - Utah Blaze
- Kats' Carter Named To All-Ironman Squad - Nashville Kats
- Rush WR/LB DeJuan Alfonzo named to AFL All-Ironman team - Chicago Rush
- 2006 AFL All-Ironman Team announced - AFL I
- 2001 Rampage selected as the 12th greatest team in AFL history - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Record-setting year for Orlando Predators - Orlando Predators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.