Woodchucks Fall in First of Two-Game Series against Kenosha
WAUSAU, WI - After traveling to Kenosha to play the Kingfish for the first two games of the season, the Wisconsin Woodchucks are now playing the host role. The Woodchucks lost the first of their two home games against the Kingfish by a final score of 9-5.
The Kingfish scored seven runs in the first five innings. Woodchucks starting pitcher Nolan Lebamoff allowed seven runs (five earned) on seven hits. He walked four and struck out four. Jace Baumann pitched over four innings in relief. He allowed two runs on three hits.
The Woodchucks started their scoring late. They plated five runs throughout the sixth, seventh, and eighth inning. The rally started when Payton Nelson was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded. After that run scored, Kaeber Rog hit a sacrifice fly that brought home a run to make the score 7-2.
The Woodchucks loaded the bases again in the seventh inning. Byron Murray had a double-digit pitch at-bat and ended up walking. This made the score 7-3. The Woodchucks continued to fight back in the eighth inning when Alec Arnone and TJ Reeves each drove in a run. Arnone hit an RBI single and Reeves hit an RBI double.
The Woodchucks rally died in the ninth inning after they were unable to score. The Chucks lost by a final score of 9-5.
Alec Arnone went 3-4 with one RBI and two runs.
TJ Reeves went 2-4 with one RBI and one run.
The Wisconsin Woodchucks will continue their homestand tomorrow on Friday, August 9th. The Woodchucks will play the Kenosha Kingfish again and the game will begin at 6:35 PM. There will be Post-Game Fireworks set to the hits of Maroon 5 presented by Cellcom. For tickets, call us at 715.845.5055, stop by our front office, or visit woodchucks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 8, 2019
- Dock Spiders Hold off Bombers in Fond Du Lac - Battle Creek Bombers
- Kingfish Whack Woodchucks 9-5 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Mallards Silenced 5-2 by Rafters - Madison Mallards
- Fourth-Year Vet Deals, MoonDogs Win Sixth Straight against Willmar on Thursday - Mankato MoonDogs
- Green Bay Takes Two of Three on Road - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Pick up Decisive Victory over Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Fall in First of Two-Game Series against Kenosha - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Growlers Swept in Home Doubleheader to Jackrabbits - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Pit Spitters Record Win Number 50 in Shutout Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Postseason Hopes Hang in the Balance After 4-2 Loss to Waterloo - Duluth Huskies
- Major League Dreams Showcase: Huskies Edition - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Return Home for Divisional Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bringing Baseball Back - Madison Mallards
- Mallards Face Division Rival for Last Regular Season Series - Madison Mallards
- Pit Spitters Roster Updated - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Holgate's Walk-Off Blast Helps Power Loggers to Doubleheader Split vs. Duluth - La Crosse Loggers
- Express Bats Explode During Late Innings in 10-5 Victory - Eau Claire Express
- Rox Rally Late, Fall Just Short to Mankato - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Split with Honkers - Willmar Stingers
- Honkers Split Double-Header against Stingers - Rochester Honkers
- Playoffs Have to Wait After Loss to Kenosha - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.