Green Bay Takes Two of Three on Road
Mequon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah grabbed their third win of the season at Kapco Park as they defeated the Lakeshore Chinooks 6-3 on Thursday night.
The Booyah trailed 1-0 heading into the top of the sixth inning. In the sixth, Matt Korman led off the inning with a walk. After a Cooper Morrison sacrifice bunt, Green Bay proceeded to earn back to back walks off of Jesse Slinger to load the bases. With the bases full, Jacob Buchberger blasted a ball into the outfield gap in right for a double, putting the Booyah up 2-1. Later in the inning, Sean Meyer took a ball off his back to score their third run of the inning. Green Bay took a 3-1 lead into the seventh, and never relinquished it.
On the mound, Dalton Wiggins was spectacular again for Green Bay, going six innings and giving up just one earned run. Wiggins, a right hander out of Marietta, picked up his second win of the season and lowered his ERA to 1.61. Out of the bullpen, Chandler Ingram and Jacob Paulishak combined to pitch the seventh and the eighth, giving up two earned runs and striking out one. Will Saxton came in to start the ninth inning, throwing to the minimum and picking up his fifth save of the season.
Green Bay and Lakeshore meet for the final time this season tomorrow at Capital Credit Union Park. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m., and Logan Lee makes his second start of the year for the Booyah.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Green Bay Booyah pitcher Dalton Wiggins
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 8, 2019
- Dock Spiders Hold off Bombers in Fond Du Lac - Battle Creek Bombers
- Kingfish Whack Woodchucks 9-5 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Mallards Silenced 5-2 by Rafters - Madison Mallards
- Fourth-Year Vet Deals, MoonDogs Win Sixth Straight against Willmar on Thursday - Mankato MoonDogs
- Green Bay Takes Two of Three on Road - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Pick up Decisive Victory over Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Fall in First of Two-Game Series against Kenosha - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Growlers Swept in Home Doubleheader to Jackrabbits - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Pit Spitters Record Win Number 50 in Shutout Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Postseason Hopes Hang in the Balance After 4-2 Loss to Waterloo - Duluth Huskies
- Major League Dreams Showcase: Huskies Edition - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Return Home for Divisional Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bringing Baseball Back - Madison Mallards
- Mallards Face Division Rival for Last Regular Season Series - Madison Mallards
- Pit Spitters Roster Updated - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Holgate's Walk-Off Blast Helps Power Loggers to Doubleheader Split vs. Duluth - La Crosse Loggers
- Express Bats Explode During Late Innings in 10-5 Victory - Eau Claire Express
- Rox Rally Late, Fall Just Short to Mankato - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Split with Honkers - Willmar Stingers
- Honkers Split Double-Header against Stingers - Rochester Honkers
- Playoffs Have to Wait After Loss to Kenosha - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.