Woodchucks Come out on Top against Lakeshore
The Wisconsin Woodchucks took the first game of the series against the Lakeshore Chinooks. The Chucks were in total control throughout the whole game, and ended on top 6-2. It was a well-balanced attack for the Woodchucks, as they racked up 8 hits on the night.
The Chucks were led by their strong pitching efforts today, as starting pitcher Trey Horton set the tone on the bump right away, going 6 innings without letting up an earned run while racking up 3 strikeouts. Brandon Bachman came in for 2 innings, and Lenny Gwizdala came in the 9th for a strong closing inning.
Javier Valdes was part of the big 5th inning where he opened the floodgates for the Chucks to score 4 runs. Valdes was hot all night, reaching base safely 3 times, racking up 2 RBI's, and 2 runs scored. Nick Loftin had himself a nice game going 2-4 from the plate, walking once, and batting in a run. His first hit brought in the first run of the night for the Chucks.
The Woodchucks will be wrapping up their 25th season tomorrow afternoon in the series finale versus the Lakeshore Chinooks. Even though there are no more home games for the Woodchucks, there is one last opportunity to have fun at Athletic Park this summer. Next Saturday, August 18th, the Woodchucks will be hosting the Food Truck and Beer Festival. For more information on next Saturday's event, visit woodchucks.com. For tickets, call us at 715.845.5055, stop by our front office, or visit woodchucks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Duluth Huskies Clinch Playoff Spot Despite Loss to Bismarck - Duluth Huskies
- Big Inning Pushes Mallards over Spiders - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Ride Huge Eighth Inning to Victory - Madison Mallards
- Rox Fall to Express in Series Opener - St. Cloud Rox
- Hardy Homers Twice in Honkers Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Six-Run Eighth Keys 8-4 Bucks Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Come out on Top against Lakeshore - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters End Home Finale with a Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rivets Lose 7-5 as the Kingfish Find the Long Ball - Rockford Rivets
- Bullfrogs Fall in Close Contest at Wisconsin Rapids - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Start Final Series of 2018 Season - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Wrap up Regular Season - Madison Mallards
- Dock Spiders Split with Rivets - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.