Rivets Lose 7-5 as the Kingfish Find the Long Ball
Kenosha, Wis. - The Rockford Rivets lost 7-5 to the Kenosha Kingfish in their final road game of the season on Saturday night at Simmons Field.
The Kingfish scored their first five runs off of two home runs and then scored two more with two different sacrifice flies. By that point, the Kingfish led 7-0 and the Rivets were never able to recover.
The failed comeback attempt was helped by a heap of Rivets crossing the plate in the latter innings. Ryan Cole was a big factor on offense going 3-4 with a run scored. Zach Sehgal, Jimmy Day, Brennan Reback, and Logan Michaels were all able to cross the plate as well. Kian O'Brien led the offense with two RBIs.The Rivets play their final game of the season tomorrow at home in Rivets Stadium. First pitch for that one is 1:00 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Duluth Huskies Clinch Playoff Spot Despite Loss to Bismarck - Duluth Huskies
- Big Inning Pushes Mallards over Spiders - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Ride Huge Eighth Inning to Victory - Madison Mallards
- Rox Fall to Express in Series Opener - St. Cloud Rox
- Hardy Homers Twice in Honkers Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Six-Run Eighth Keys 8-4 Bucks Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Come out on Top against Lakeshore - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters End Home Finale with a Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rivets Lose 7-5 as the Kingfish Find the Long Ball - Rockford Rivets
- Bullfrogs Fall in Close Contest at Wisconsin Rapids - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Start Final Series of 2018 Season - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Wrap up Regular Season - Madison Mallards
- Dock Spiders Split with Rivets - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.