Wolves Win 123-114 against the Hustle
ORLANDO, FL - The Iowa Wolves (1-10), the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, grabbed their first win of the season, beating the Memphis Hustle (3-8) by a score of 123-114 tonight at the HP Field House.
Memphis started the game on a 8-0 run, but the Wolves battled back to grab their first lead at the 2:42 mark of the first quarter, up 22-20 over the Hustle.
Iowa held the ten-point advantage at halftime, leading 65-55 headed in the locker room. Charlie Brown, Jr., Isaiah Briscoe and Lindell Wigginton all had 10 points in the first half to lead Iowa, while Zylan Cheatham lead on the boards with 12 rebounds. Bennie Boatright led all Memphis scorers with 12 points at the half.
Iowa maintained the lead through the final horn, thanks in part to a 16-point second half from Isaiah Briscoe and 13 points from Canyon Barry. Iowa tallied their highest made and attempted free-throws of the season, hitting 22-of-24 for 39 of the teams 123 points on the evening.
Isaiah Briscoe led all Iowa scorers with a season-high 26 points on the evening, with Canyon Barry scoring another season-high with 22. Zylan Cheatham grabbed a season-high 12 rebounds for the Wolves. Jordan Murphy also tallied a season-high, grabbing 10 rebounds for Iowa.
David Stockton led Memphis with 22 points, with Bennie Boatright following at 21 points on the evening. Freddie Gillespie grabbed 12 rebounds to lead the boards for the Hustle.
The Wolves will take on the Westchester Knicks tomorrow, Sunday, February 28 at 6:30 p.m. CT at the HP Field House.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2021
- Wolves Win 123-114 against the Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Timely Errors Cost Knicks Game over Raptors - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Seven Games with 108-88 Win over Nets - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Reed Scores Rookie Career-High 35 Points against Oklahoma City - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blue Uses Fourth-Quarter Push to Take Down Blue Coats - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Coats Defeated by Oklahoma City - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Receive Two-Way Flex-Transfer Adam Mokoka from Chicago Bulls - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.