Blue Coats Defeated by Oklahoma City
ORLANDO - The Delaware Blue Coats (7-4), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Oklahoma City Blue (8-3), 129-114, on Saturday afternoon at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Florida. 76ers two-way contract player Paul Reed posted a new rookie career-high 35 points (14-22 FG, 5-10 3FG, 1-1 FT) with seven rebounds, three steals and a game-high five blocks. His five three-pointers mark a new career high in what was his second 30-plus point game of the season.
Delaware's Justin Robinson scored a career-high 26 points (10-18 FG, 4-7 3FG, 1-2 FT) in a game-high 37 minutes of action. 76ers two-way contract player Rayjon Tucker added 16 points, seven rebounds, two assists and three steals. Reed, Robinson and Tucker have each scored in double figures in all 11 Blue Coats games this season.
The game was tied 68-68 at halftime. The Blue Coats, which lead the G League in steals with more than 10 per contest, forced 20 turnovers behind a season-high-tying 16 steals. Oklahoma City outrebounded Delaware 59-37 and also held advantages in points in the paint (66-50) and second-chance points (21-6). There were 24 lead changes and 12 ties in the game.
Oklahoma City had seven players score in double figures. Omer Yurtseven led the way for the Blue with 26 points, nine rebounds and two blocks. Thunder two-way contract player Moses Brown posted a double-double with 19 points and a game-high 11 rebounds. Aleksej Pokusevski, on assignment from the Thunder, added 13 points and a game-high nine assists, while also committing a game-high six turnovers.
UP NEXT: The Blue Coats will take on NBA G League Ignite on Monday at 3 p.m. ET on ESPN2. Ignite enters its Saturday night meeting with Canton holding a 6-4 record.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2021
- Wolves Win 123-114 against the Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Timely Errors Cost Knicks Game over Raptors - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Extend Win Streak to Seven Games with 108-88 Win over Nets - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Reed Scores Rookie Career-High 35 Points against Oklahoma City - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blue Uses Fourth-Quarter Push to Take Down Blue Coats - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Coats Defeated by Oklahoma City - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Receive Two-Way Flex-Transfer Adam Mokoka from Chicago Bulls - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Reed Collects League Awards with Historic Tally
- Paul Reed Named to All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Team and All-Defensive Team
- Paul Reed Named 2021 NBA G League Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year
- Coats Staff Key to 2021 Success
- Blue Coats Advance to NBA G League Finals